Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: superbowl predictions

DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    My Giants beating N.E. with a 57 yard field goal with 2 seconds remaining, edging them by 1 pt, 27-26. Ball hit the crossbar but somehow still managed to bounce in for the score as time expires. Watch it happen.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    N.E. over G.B.
    It won't even be close.
    N.E. 37
    G.B. 14

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    N.E over GB
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
    N.E over GB
    A NE/GB game will be the most watched game in NFL history....easily.

If Tom Brady wins another SB then I would think it solidifies him as the greatest QB in NFL history (and he's still in his prime).

4 SBs
    Most TD record in a single season
    Most points scored by a team in a single season
    1st undefeated team in over 30 years and 2nd all-time.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
    N.E over GB
    Agree with that.

If Tom Brady wins another SB then I would think it solidifies him as the greatest QB in NFL history (and he's still in his prime).

4 SBs
    Way too early for a coronation, I think.
    Until he retires, there's no way to assess his career in toto...a catastrophic injury could take him out tomorrow, after all.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post

Agree with that.

4 SBs
    Way too early for a coronation, I think.
    Until he retires, there's no way to assess his career in toto...a catastrophic injury could take him out tomorrow, after all.
    Read the bold.

If he doesn't play, it don't count. That's why I said he and not the Patriots but I get your drift.

He could win this one and then muck up his stats later.

He has a ton under his belt already though. It'd be pretty hard to muck up 4 SBs, single season records, and undefeated.

I'll put it this way. If he wins the SB and then dies the next day, he is solidified. He'd be the third joining the ranks of Montana and Bradshaw but would 1up both with being undefeated and the single season records.

4 SBs mean the most but skill records along with 4 SBs knocks it out of the park....er.....is a touchdown.

I wonder what his average passer rating is this year? How many INTs as well?

edit: found it

QB rating - 117.2
    TDs - a whopping 50
    INTs - 8
    Last edited by Busyman™; 01-15-2008 at 05:10 AM.

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I'd say Brady is in the HOF already - easily, too.

Best of all-time?

What if Peyton one-ups him next year?

Nothing at all against Brady, or Manning, for that matter, the fact is, though, that their making a mockery of certain passing records merely bodes ill for the record book.

Manning did it last year, Brady does it this year...maybe next year Romo or somebody will go further.

Never mind this once-in-a-lifetime deal - we've had two quarterbacks shatter all of the season records in consecutive years.

Better wait and see, huh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    It also doesn't hurt any of the modern day QBs that the NFL continues to tweak the rules so the passing game is emphasized and the QB more protected.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Best of all-time?

Nothing at all against Brady, or Manning, for that matter, the fact is, though, that their making a mockery of certain passing records merely bodes ill for the record book.

Manning did it last year, Brady does it this year...maybe next year Romo or somebody will go further.

Never mind this once-in-a-lifetime deal - we've had two quarterbacks shatter all of the season records in consecutive years.

They are both great skilled QBs. It's not a mockery. Marino had the record before, Manning 1uped him, then Brady 1uped Manning.

Maybe people 'ill yell "Steroids!"

Shaun Alexander broke Priest Holmes record and then the next year LT broke Alexander's record.

How's that a mockery and bad for the record book?

If Peyton breaks Brady's record next year, he still doesn't have the SBs.

It's still Brady as greatest all-time.

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Best of all-time?

They are both great skilled QBs. It's not a mockery. Marino had the record before, Manning 1uped him, then Brady 1uped Manning.

Maybe people 'ill yell "Steroids!"

Shaun Alexander broke Priest Holmes record and then the next year LT broke Alexander's record.

How's that a mockery and bad for the record book?

If Peyton breaks Brady's record next year, he still doesn't have the SBs.

It's still Brady as greatest all-time.
    Then last year Manning was the greatest of all-time, eh?

I mean, if all it takes is a superior statistical performance to get you talking this way...

Brady just gave us the greatest statistical season a quarterback has ever had, but Clocker is right - let him retire before you hand him the mantle - it's only proper.

Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    It also doesn't hurt any of the modern day QBs that the NFL continues to tweak the rules so the passing game is emphasized and the QB more protected.
    Yes, and while Manning has carte blanche to change plays, he is merely the closest approach to fellows like Unitas and Starr, who (believe it or not) actually called their own plays, all the time.
    Last edited by j2k4; 01-16-2008 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast