Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: superbowl predictions

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

They are both great skilled QBs. It's not a mockery. Marino had the record before, Manning 1uped him, then Brady 1uped Manning.

Maybe people 'ill yell "Steroids!"

Shaun Alexander broke Priest Holmes record and then the next year LT broke Alexander's record.

How's that a mockery and bad for the record book?

If Peyton breaks Brady's record next year, he still doesn't have the SBs.

It's still Brady as greatest all-time.
    Then last year Manning was the greatest of all-time, eh?

I mean, if all it takes is a superior statistical performance to get you talking this way...

What the fuck, man? I've said (even in the initial fucking post) that it wasn't just one thing. Jeez man, how the hell can you muck that up when "he still doesn't have the SBs" only has one sentence between it and "Then last year Manning was the greatest of all-time, eh?"

Goodness fuck!!

Brady has the SBs and one more puts him over, imo.

Brady just gave us the greatest statistical season a quarterback has ever had, but Clocker is right - let him retire before you hand him the mantle - it's only proper.

And duh I kinda agreed by saying that he could muck up his stats later. Also another QB could break his skill records or get more SBs before he retires. I was talking as of him winning this SB though.

Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    It also doesn't hurt any of the modern day QBs that the NFL continues to tweak the rules so the passing game is emphasized and the QB more protected.
    Yes, and while Manning has carte blanche to change plays, he is merely the closest approach to fellows like Unitas and Starr, who (believe it or not) actually called their own plays, all the time.
    Soooooo? The game has got bigger in every way....coaching staff, spectators, TV audience, stadiums, etc.

I bet you guys walked to school in the snow backwards upside down carrying your little brother on your back too.

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I bet you guys walked to school in the snow backwards upside down carrying your little brother on your back too.
    Didn't everyone?

Anyway, Busy, you're certainly correct about the game having gotten bigger but that doesn't necessarily mean it's gotten better.
    Players have become so specialized to fit into the complex game plans that one injury can derail everything.

Not to wax nostalgic, but have you ever heard of Sammy Baugh?
    He held/holds records in passing, punting AND interceptions.
    Yeah, a QB who also punted and played defence.

Can Tom Brady claim that?

So you see the reticence that some of us old timers might have calling any of the modern players "the greatest of all time".
    Literally, there can be no comparison simply because things are so different today.

I do think Brady is amazing BTW, as are many of the top guys today.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Didn't everyone?

Anyway, Busy, you're certainly correct about the game having gotten bigger but that doesn't necessarily mean it's gotten better.
    Players have become so specialized to fit into the complex game plans that one injury can derail everything.

So you see the reticence that some of us old timers might have calling any of the modern players "the greatest of all time".
    Literally, there can be no comparison simply because things are so different today.

Agreed, and agreed.

Busyman might have benefited from the additional note that Slingin' Sam played for his beloved Redskins, since he never takes the time to click on our links.

In the meantime, I guess the matter is settled: Tom Brady is the best quarterback of all-time.

In a separate exercise, I have just used Busyman's statistical gymnastics to determine that Kobe Bryant is slightly less than half the player Michael Jordan was, but he's more than twice as good as Wilt Chamberlain was.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Didn't everyone?

Yeah, sure, uh huh, mmk, of course.

Players have become so specialized to fit into the complex game plans that one injury or arrest can derail everything.

Fixed

I can understand why you said first. However, the second mostly applies to QBs. I've seen too many teams have people step up when another is injured. Hell look at Tom Brady. He took over for an injured Bledsoe and so did Tony *choke* Romo (actually just sucked then).

I know about Sammy. He was a Redskin (what a racist name).

Yeah but Brady would be considered the best at what he does which is quarterbacking.

Funny enough I wish Brady had been injured on of those 4th and 2 plays with 3 minutes left in the game up by 30.

I just thought it was dumb football.

Didn't everyone?

Agreed, and agreed.

Busyman might have benefited from the additional note that Slingin' Sam played for his beloved Redskins, since he never takes the time to click on our links.

In the meantime, I guess the matter is settled: Tom Brady is the best quarterback of all-time.

Not yet.

In a separate exercise, I have just used Busyman's statistical gymnastics to determine that Kobe Bryant is slightly less than half the player Michael Jordan was, but he's more than twice as good as Wilt Chamberlain was.
    They play different positions.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-16-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Didn't everyone?

Yeah, sure, uh huh, mmk, of course.

Players have become so specialized to fit into the complex game plans that one injury or arrest can derail everything.

Fixed

I can understand why you said first. However, the second mostly applies to QBs. I've seen too many teams have people step up when another is injured. Hell look at Tom Brady. He took over for an injured Bledsoe and so did Tony *choke* Romo (actually just sucked then).

I know about Sammy. He was a Redskin (what a racist name).

Yeah but Brady would be considered the best at what he does which is quarterbacking.

Funny enough I wish Brady had been injured on of those 4th and 2 plays with 3 minutes left in the game up by 30.

I just thought it was dumb football.

Didn't everyone?

Agreed, and agreed.

Not yet.

They play different positions.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    My home team The New England Patriots beat Brett Favre and The Green Bay Packers 24-18. Brady is a QB genius and really knows how to play the game.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    This thread makes me want to play emo music and cry.
    See ya in another life, brother.

8. Sports Club   -   #28
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Then football is obviously not the sport for you.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Sports Club   -   #29
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Then football is obviously not the sport for you.
    Sanka is probably a soccer-only fan.

10. Sports Club   -   #30
    the pats just made it in, i hope the packers win and then it would be an epic superbowl.

i predict the Pack wining it all!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast