Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Best Internet Browser That

Whether we like it or not Internet Explorer has become the standard and a lot of sites have compatibility issues using other browsers.

Install these three browser plug-ins for IE and you'll get the best browser experience ever:

1) Google Toolbar: A very good pop-up blocker with a search engine, dictionary and auto-fill.

2) ieSpell: Online spell checker. Just click on the spelling button on the browser tool-bar similar to checking spelling in an email client or word processor and it will check all the typed words inside the text boxes.

3) Download Express: Replaces the Windows "Save as" dialog box with its own that has an accelerator and a resume manager.

All these are browser plug-ins work only with IE and are loaded with the browser and are not programs that run all the time in the background consuming system resources. They all provide seamless browser integration.

I have timed IE with both Mozilla and Opera and they are not faster. It's just they are fast when they load from the cache. You have to test under the same conditions for both browsers to get the real comparison. Use previously viewed several times cached pages for both browsers when timing.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by mail2me@25 July 2003 - 14:39
    Whether we like it or not Internet Explorer has become the standard and a lot of sites have compatibility issues using other browsers.

Install these three browser plug-ins for IE and you'll get the best browser experience ever:

1) Google Toolbar 2: A very good pop-up blocker with a search engine, dictionary and auto-fill.

2) ieSpell: Online spell checker. Just click on the spelling button on the browser tool-bar similar to checking spelling in an email client or word processor and it will check all the typed words inside the text boxes.

3) Download Express: Replaces the Windows "Save as" dialog box with its own that has an accelerator and a resume manager.

All these are browser plug-ins work only with IE and are loaded with the browser and are not programs that run all the time in the background consuming system resources. They all provide seamless browser integration.

I have timed IE with both Mozilla and Opera and they are not faster. It's just they are fast when they load from the cache. You have to test under the same conditions for both browsers to get the real comparison. Use previously viewed several times cached pages for both browsers when timing.
    I somewhat agree. That is the only reason why people are fooled into thinking that one browser is faster than another. Its just the cache. Just like some proxy servers are faster loading than others because they have a huge cache and the pages are already passed on to you before you really even get to the site.

As for me. I dont use a cache, I hate any trace of my online activity and dont prefer to keep a cache of stored web pages no matter what browser Im using.
    And also, Id say about one third of the time its the actual website your going to. If there are a ton of people on the site then the server is going to take longer to answer your request.

What if there was a browser so light it only used about 128k of memory at the most................lol, too bad that will never happen.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by ghost944@25 July 2003 - 12:55
    I'm currently using avant browser and that uses quite a lot of my system recourses, so i was just wondering what the best Internet browser that uses the least system recourses is?
    Thanks.
    Just so you know

Avant Browser 8.02 Build 009, Released: 07.25.2003

Improved Browsing Kernel, Avant Browser now use much less CPU time and memory than before. CPU usage has been improved to reduce to 1/3-1/10 of total CPU usage that is used by previous versions.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12