Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Juno

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Decided to break in my new AMC movie card (thanks, Pat!) today and saw Juno.

Thoroughly delightful- well written, beautifully acted and very funny- almost surprising, given the subject matter.

Strange to see a movie that doesn't rely on CG special effects, car chases or explosions to maintain interest.

Next up will be The Golden Compass...I was curious before and Biggles' recommendation has convinced me to try it out.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    a good screener of this just popped up a few days ago, and i finally got to watch it. i wasn't disappointed! michael cera is awkwardly funny as usual, and now i'm completely in love with ellen page. i think it deserves its spot among the top 250.

a sweet indie film that had a smart, well-written story and actors that sold it all. deff a feel good film.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Great film, but anyone think it was odd that they pushed commercials with all the michael cera scenes when...that's all there are? I also wonder why Jennifer Garner wasn't more prevalent in the commercials, but that's just me.

All in all, a quirky indie film that is touching through its juxtaposition of ordinary life and the absurd.

Also, who was afraid that the Sonic Youth Loving dad-to-be was going to come onto Juno in a physical way? That was certainly the most awkward part of the film.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    BANNED
    MPAA says what? I guess in that case ill just "VIEW" this movie for "educational purpose" LOL
    Last edited by HyperNode; 01-16-2008 at 08:32 AM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    great movie, reminded me of wes anderson's dry humour.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    i was pleasantly surprised with this movie. i thought it was very clever

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    I loved this film and the soundtrack was even better.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Demigod's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Loved the film, especially the soundtrack but throughout the entire movie, I kept finding myself asking if what's happening is realistic? Juno just seemed to take pregnancy so casually.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Cruel's Avatar I'm steak! BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I think it was a great movie and even greater soundtrack (to repeat what everyone else is saying).

But though Garner did a great job I still think it ruined a little bit for me not seeing some more unknown actor in this role. Somehow I just felt that she didn't fit the rest of the cast.
    Presenting your royal highness, our illustrious King Cruel the XIII, self-proclaimed lord of the lemurs, et cetera, et cetera, hooray, everybody.
    Four months and I'm living your dream.
    Silly Rabbit Dreams Are For Kids

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by fsephie View Post
    Also, who was afraid that the Sonic Youth Loving dad-to-be was going to come onto Juno in a physical way? That was certainly the most awkward part of the film.
    TOTALLY. me and my friends were all debating whether he was going to turn out to be a pedo, but i'm glad he didn't. it would have made the film so... un-happy.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast