Thread: Reputation problem

Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I think we need to stop the reputation you get from free invites.

Why? Is too easily exploitable and gives people the idea that you are indeed trusted when you aren't.

The whole point of the initial rep system (thread based) was to tally up actual trades where trust was indeed needed to carry out the transaction. With free giveaways thats not necessary. There's no trust involved. There's no risk involved.

So in the beginning, someone had 10 rep points, it meant they traded 10 times and didn't scam.

Now someone has 10 rep points, it means they gave away 10 demonoid invites or some really easy tracker that gives out free invites. For example I can sign up to stmusic or what.cd, get 10 invites give them away and get +10. It sure as hell doesn't mean 10 trades.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    im a new member here, but i think times have changed, views have changed on trading, with the anti-traders and so on..
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    If you are an anti-trader then the reputation is meaningless for you. We still have plenty of traders here and the reputation even with anti-traders should remain about reputation and not some arbitrary number you get when you giveaway invites to shitty trackers.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    reputation is supposed to be a measure of how trustworthy a member is. but yes, there are loopholes in the system and the one you mentioned is just one of them

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    hangemhigh's Avatar semi retired BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    you get 10 invites at what just for signing up?
    I musta got cheated..
    http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=146759&dateline=1186088996