Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Antivirus Software

Bluetack Mod
    Free Security Scan

http://www.blackcode.com/scan/

Thread about improving security on XP. Also has information about antiviruses and has some firewall comparisons and ways to keep your computer safe.

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=21335

Web site to scan your computers ports for venerable ones and also can test your computers sheilds.

https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Free program to test for leaks in your firewall (should read down throught the page. it has some informations about a few firewalls that arnt really protecting you)

http://grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm

Also you should put a note by the Fire AV that the free version does NOT remove viruses.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #12
    the info is correct and useful but norton anti virus is not as good as avg at all it is second rate. any body using xp and norton could have a problem. see the auto detect is use less . i had a virus that i healed it and it jumped to system volume infomation and avg would flash up warnings but it cant scan it there as it has user protection so i thought buy norton suposed to be the best it told me i was all right no virus whats so ever but it was there so we i got in the folder avg healed it that was the end of that. norton failed me norton starts when you log on with xp avg is already loader its core and is already protecting you. avg is free not £50.
    avg runs of 5 year old laptop with 155 pentium and 30 mb ram norton wont

so we come to the conclusion that avg is alot more advanced and much cheeper and is the only choice for maxium protection agansted new age viruses

you can find avg at www.grisoft.com

you can believe what you want but i have looked at the blue print system of norton and have found a lot of floors some i have talked about.

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #13
    Poster
    Panda does the job without much software running since it's online.
    But you still have to download some stuph to use it , unlike what the description says.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #14
    I must add that it's been my experience that PC-cillan was practically worthless. I got a copy of it for free with the software for my AMD Athlon motherboard, and it downloaded updates and everything, etc. When I was downloading stuff with KLite I noticed that it never detected a virus of any files I scanned. I just knew that I wasn't going to get that lucky so I uninstalled it and reinstalled AVG. Sure enough, two files I had downloaded had worms. So I stuck with AVG.

'Course, viruses aren't such a big worry for me now on Linux.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #15
    Hi,

Where can i download a full version of NOD32. I tried looking for it but could not find one. All i can find is the trial version and cracks for it.

but i am not too comfy using cracks on an AV application.

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #16
    grrrr looks like me and shane are going to start avatar wars i was here first

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #17
    Originally posted by OldGamesCollector@31 July 2003 - 23:24
    I must add that it's been my experience that PC-cillan was practically worthless. I got a copy of it for free with the software for my AMD Athlon motherboard, and it downloaded updates and everything, etc. When I was downloading stuff with KLite I noticed that it never detected a virus of any files I scanned. I just knew that I wasn't going to get that lucky so I uninstalled it and reinstalled AVG. Sure enough, two files I had downloaded had worms. So I stuck with AVG.

'Course, viruses aren't such a big worry for me now on Linux.
    AVG 7 PRO is good stuff

File:AVG 7 PRO + KEY.7z
    Length:8361880 Bytes, 8166KB
    UUHash:=hOQXr+cxZ9JrNu0nht82eW+j9ug=

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #18
    Poster
    Hi all I was wondering if ne1 could tell me how get rid of a Win32/Spreder virus. The definition I found on the net said it was harmless but that it was being spread through the kazaa file sharing program. Neway I don't care how harmless it is I don't want it. NE help would be greatly appreciated. Thx all.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #19
    Bluetack Mod
    Originally posted by gbfan@5 August 2003 - 02:06
    Hi all I was wondering if ne1 could tell me how get rid of a Win32/Spreder virus. The definition I found on the net said it was harmless but that it was being spread through the kazaa file sharing program. Neway I don't care how harmless it is I don't want it. NE help would be greatly appreciated. Thx all.
    I did some looking and didnt find any tools to remove it but it looks like if you have norton, sophos, or other popular antivirus program, it will remove it but will delete the infected files from what i have seen, if a file is infected, you cannot fix it.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #20
    Poster
    Sorry when I didn't really post the question very well here. Here is the real post of this question. Thx

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast