Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Antivirus Software

My anti-virus is being weird, so I'm gonna download a new version but which one would guys recommend?

1) Norton Antivirus This is the most popular and is definitely always among the front runners in tests of virus detection and removal. It is, however, considered by some to be a bit of a resource hog.
    2) AVG This is close behind in popularity probably because it is free and in reviews of % detection it is usually ever so slightly behind Norton. No need for an illegal copy unless u want the pro version.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #32
    Poster
    Norton Corporate. No resources to run at all and no going absolutely ape when it finds something. It just quietly deals with it and lets you carry on. Lifetime updates, quick scanning, etc.

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #33
    Originally posted by balamm@11 September 2003 - 07:23
    Norton Corporate. No resources to run at all and no going absolutely ape when it finds something. It just quietly deals with it and lets you carry on. Lifetime updates, quick scanning, etc.
    thanks

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #34
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    I use EZ Antivirus from my-eTrust.com and prefer it to all the other's i've tried as it uses less resources and has caught virus' that other's haven't, plus it's low priced which is alway's a bonus (doesn't get much better than cheap, unless it's free lol) :-)

Sniper.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #35
    i had quick look and i couldnt see http://www.norman.com/ anyware. no good?

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #36
    are you asking me to add it or asking if its good ?
    If its the former done B)
    If its the latter http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/pro....xml?norman.xml review by virus bulletin. It looks ok, not the best, not the worst

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #37
    neh, you dont need to add it, its just that i saw 'norman security suite' in a shop. the price was 50€, it was the latest version and it included antivirus, firewall and a privacy prog.
    im rather interessed in buying such a up-to-date package for only 50€. i cant afford expensive progs like norton and the one's i download mess my comp up:
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=68517&hl=

thought i might ask if its good, i think ill buy it.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #38
    AVG is free and is roughly as good (i can't remember if its better or worse, but its probably close) . If i were you I'd probably just go for AVG, its what i use, I haven't got round to getting nod32, which from the reviews i've seen and the comments i've heard, I reckon is the best around at the moment.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #39
    Poster
    Tried NAV2k4 Pro,

Tried AVG,

Tried NAV2k3,

My problem, I need something that takes hardly any resources up at all.

I'm onto NOD32 now, is it completely free??

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #40

I think theres a verified though

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast