Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Antivirus Software

I used to use dr. web, but then moved to Kaspersky PURE for some reason.
    Never looked back since.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #122
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i used to use one now i do not and never looked back.
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #123
    been using Avast Pro for a while now
    though Kaspersky and Nod32 are very nice alternatives as well

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #124
    Nice post

My opinion is Norton Internet Security 2011 It's the best
    Last edited by fantasy88; 09-07-2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #125
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    prevx x64

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #126
    madnatdra's Avatar n00b
    I use Kaspersky Internet Security and works fine for me.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #127
    Hey thanks to all
    this is very good information about computer.
    I have some problem about my PC.
    I am read this article and happy to find best solution for my PC.
    thanks to all gain.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #128
    Using Eset NOD for couple of years now, very good program.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #129
    I was using avira antivir for some time and i think that it is a very good program.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #130
    Good information. Another anti-virus most people forget to mention is the simple Microsoft Security Essentials. Free download and does a fairly good job with relatively low resource needs. I tend to keep MalWareBytes up to date, CCleaner and run Microsoft Security Essentials and the Microsoft Firewall on computers that are "acceptable risk" systems for my home. For systems that I use for anything work related or contain sensitive information, I use MWBs, CCleaner and run NOD32 with Sygate firewall (great mention btw).

I do try to keep my access lists clean with DAPE (Deny All, Permit by Exception) rules kept up to date as well. There are several apps out there for your smartphone that will also help to determine what ports are open on your home network and systems; this will greatly assist you with locking them down. Password protect your computers. While this sounds obvious, most people tend to leave systems open due to ease of access. The easiest way to access a system is leaving it vulnerable without a password. For better security practices, use a 10-character (or preferably more) password with Upper/Lower case Numbers and Special Characters included. Even if you don't do this though, just for the sake of making it slightly more troublesome to gain access to your system, toss on ANY password.

Keeping your systems up to date is probably the most important thing ilw mentioned. Whether you run Windows or some variation of UNIX, regularly check for system updates as well as application updates.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast