Thread: Downloading Single songs-->DC++?

davidw89's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Is that the best way to go downloading single songs? How is the quality?
    Also can someone give me an awesome hub or should i just use the public one?
    Can i find FLAC files? (and how to i specify in option)?
    What's the best client similar to utorrent? Needs to work with Vista x64 ultimate

2. Music   -   #2
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    I'd use bittorrent to download single files if I were you, especially if you already use it for all your other filesharing needs. Just specify what files you want to download and which you don't at the bottom of the gui under "Files" or when you first initialize the torrent.

If you don't want to do that, I'd say either DC or soulseek. You won't find much FLAC on soulseek; your odds are much better on DC, but still nowhere near as good as on BT. If you're looking for good hubs, go to dchublist.com. Make sure you're sharing a lot, as the size of your share dictates which hubs you'll be let into.

If I were you, I'd look for a Waffles, What and Libble invite. You won't want for FLAC again, and Waffles has a nice private DC hub.

"Be easy, my ninja."

3. Music   -   #3
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    I'd use bittorrent to download single files if I were you, especially if you already use it for all your other filesharing needs. Just specify what files you want to download and which you don't at the bottom of the gui under "Files" or when you first initialize the torrent.

If you don't want to do that, I'd say either DC or soulseek. You won't find much FLAC on soulseek; your odds are much better on DC, but still nowhere near as good as on BT. If you're looking for good hubs, go to dchublist.com. Make sure you're sharing a lot, as the size of your share dictates which hubs you'll be let into.

If I were you, I'd look for a Waffles, What and Libble invite. You won't want for FLAC again, and Waffles has a nice private DC hub.

"Be easy, my ninja."