Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who else ported from What to Waffles yesterday?

Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by chillincool View Post
    Waffles has had freeleech on for way too long, half the people there have so much buffer that they'll never have to share again in their life.
    The same is true for what.cd as well if you were member there early enough. I haven't abused what's previous free leeches at all and still managed to get a buffer of almost 40GB in the meantime.

In my case, I never stopped using what as the main tracker for music while waffles is right there waiting if something is not available on what or if it's not seeded, etc. It doesn't really matter if I do it the other way around because both trackers aren't that far from each other: 80k torrents & 250k peers vs. 87k torrents & 380k peers.

One thing is certain from my experience though: waffles has 18 seeded torrents per users wheras what only amounts to 5.7 - it's an important indicator and on average, downloads from what are faster. Even outside the Christmas free leech on waffles I've had to see 1-3kb/s speeds on downloads, that hasn't happened to me on what for weeks.

I don't think the topic of this thread needs fanboys or their outrageous comments and in the end, both trackers are good but improvable. By the way, what had some kind of free leech too, it was a better way than an all-out-unlimited FL like waffles did, imho.
    Last edited by Daniel; 12-26-2007 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typos

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    it won't matter to me whether there is a free leech or not but it's very nice move from waffles to give their members free leech .
    and i guess free leech periods is very attractive to users and help them to maintain a good ratio ... yes, it has its problem but what doesn't ?

For Serving Community

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Last edited by ZyPhErX; 09-02-2008 at 07:46 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123