Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is TOR a viable way for BT security?

jayz707's Avatar the human BT Rep: +1
    simply TOR can hide you very well, but it will be really slow.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    MODERATION BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    You reach very slow traffic with thor :S

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dogie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beat View Post
    No. Tor is not designed for p2p, your downloads will be slow and it puts unnecessary stress on the tor network. Please don't do it.
    this guy is right please dont do it, just try to browse sites in tor it is very slow isnt it , but if people start using it for anonymus p2p this will totally kill tor.
    Or it will cause more people to set up tor servers because the network is too slow.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    jayz707's Avatar the human BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dogie View Post

this guy is right please dont do it, just try to browse sites in tor it is very slow isnt it , but if people start using it for anonymus p2p this will totally kill tor.
    Or it will cause more people to set up tor servers because the network is too slow.
    will you do that? setup a TOR server? its not very easy to do that, and many people don't do it, they just use them. and the people who have servers have to take a risk(which is why its not very easy). recently some guy in germany got his TOR servers hunted down by the police! just because some a****** used them to do something ileagle...

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    InXS's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Thx Guys For The Info On TOR

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Ok guy my prospect of using tor as a socks proxy has been relinquished for much less but much more feasible alternative. I shall from now on use tor as an http proxy, for when announcing to trackers!

I am just too impatient to use tor as a socks proxy and to cheap to buy a real proxy.

If tor was faster, I would use it, regardless of the "effect" it would cause on the tor swarm. After all, if people really don't want me to use p2p... they can just uncheck it in their server configuration. The argument against it really isn't there, because it is up to the servers themselves to decide whether they want their boxes to transfer p2p and compromise their security

Quote Originally Posted by jayz707 View Post
    will you do that? setup a TOR server? its not very easy to do that, and many people don't do it, they just use them. and the people who have servers have to take a risk(which is why its not very easy). recently some guy in germany got his TOR servers hunted down by the police! just because some a****** used them to do something ileagle...
    yeah, I know; A tendency of mine is to uncontrollably play devil's advocate out of pure entertainment... usually with weak arguments too, which just pisses people off (lol). you'll probably see me do it in a bunch of coming threads i don't spam though i swear
    Last edited by anak; 12-27-2007 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12