Thread: win xp pro

Poster BT Rep: +1
    i have a problem with my win xp pro it keeps on telling me that it has failed windows genuine validation.
    so my question is can i get a copy from one of the torrent sites that has passed validation and one that i can load over my current version so that i do not have to loose all my programs and photos etc

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    try searching your favorite torrent site for windows genuine validation

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Google for "removewga.exe". Download it and uninstall WGA. Turn automatic updates off afterward.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    What you want is Windows XP Corporate Edition. It needs no activation and if the key you use is a good one it will pass the validation test. Search the torrent for "XP Corp".

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    What you want is Windows XP Corporate Edition. It needs no activation and if the key you use is a good one it will pass the validation test. Search the torrent for "XP Corp".
    Corporate or not, it's not going to pass WGA unless it's legit.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    nirvana_522's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    try to get this release over the net
    "Windows XP Pro Full Student Release"
    its working damn fine

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Get rid of the nagging:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Window...-Notifications

(Won't solve your validation-problem, though. But there are guides and cracks for that sort of thing out there too, or there was last I checked, anyways.)
    Last edited by Snee; 12-27-2007 at 09:30 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    robert03's Avatar Blending in...
    You can either try "Windows XP Pro Full Student Release", like nirvana_522 suggested or "Windows XP Academic Edition".
    It's the same thing but the names vary depending on the release group, tracker, etc.

Basically it's a full feature copy of Windows XP, used for teaching students about the OS.

It needs no activation, it has a valid and legit serial, meaning that you can fully benefit from the Windows update feature.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Download RemoveWGA 1.2 and execute it (do a google search on removewga) . Then restart. Once your going to be in Windows again, you'll see an error that says some file could not be found, click OK.

Click on the Start menu, and choose Run. Inside the box type, regedit and press OK.

Find this key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify

and delete the folder called WgaLogon and close the Registry Editor.

to desactivate the Automatic Updates, in the Start menu again click on Run, type "services.msc"

Find the Automatic Updates service, right click on it, Properties, Startup type: change it to Disabled.

Now the Windows Security Center will say that something is wrong with the Automatic Updates services. So, to stop this message, just find the service called Security Center, click right on right, Properties, and change it to Disabled too.

The problem with the WGA activation crack is that the problem might occur again eventually, but with this method it should not. The only problem is that you won't be able to get the updates of windows xp..

Hope it works

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    I'm not entirely sure how to fix it, but I know for a fact that even with a 100% valid copy, WGA will sometimes fudge it up and get it wrong. The computers at Penn State University and at my job on campus sometimes give a "failed WGA" notice and crap out, but I know the university uses authentic copies of windows, and a few restarts usually clears it up. If you know your copy is valid, WGA is prolly boning itself.