Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which torrent sites ban and dont ban for sharing id's?

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think waffles allows up to 4 IP's. I may be wrong, but I thought I read that on their site.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    dineshreddy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    logging in is fine in any site ,but downloading will have impact

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Having more then one pc or seedbox is one thing, but you do realize that there has been occasions where the member shares his account and then ends up getting cheated or taken advantage of and thats when they come crying to the site for help in getting there account back.

Hey downloading or seeding from more then one pc which would be the case if you have a seedbox and home pc is ok, but as soon as you trust someone with your own personal account don't come back to us saying that you didn't know better.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Unlimited 100mb ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    A few trackers, but none of the important ones I think, limit you to the IP you last logged in from. This automatically disables the option to download from multiple locations.
    No it doesn't...once a torrent is started that IP is locked to the tracker - you can then proceed to login to the website via another IP and start the torrent again with a new IP......it's a real pain in the ass with a seedbox. Why these trackers refuse to move to the passkey system is beyond me.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by Galva View Post
    A few trackers, but none of the important ones I think, limit you to the IP you last logged in from. This automatically disables the option to download from multiple locations.
    No it doesn't...once a torrent is started that IP is locked to the tracker - you can then proceed to login to the website via another IP and start the torrent again with a new IP......it's a real pain in the ass with a seedbox. Why these trackers refuse to move to the passkey system is beyond me.
    Well it is technically possible this way, no doubt about that. But does this really work as you explain? Only the latest IP is saved and recognized which should cause the first PC/torrent-client to receive an error message again with the next update. I have my doubts about this method because it's likely to be a security issue which allows easier cheating - without any additional tools but a standard webbrowser.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by bossapoelara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    I think ftn minds when you have more than 1 ip logging into an account.
    thats not true
    I meant as in account sharing.

Someone invite me to fsc please

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Tsvetanov's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I shared my Supertorrents acc with some friend, from same country. He didnt download anything.. just logged in, and they banned the acc.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Unlimited 100mb ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galva View Post
    Well it is technically possible this way, no doubt about that. But does this really work as you explain? Only the latest IP is saved and recognized which should cause the first PC/torrent-client to receive an error message again with the next update. I have my doubts about this method because it's likely to be a security issue which allows easier cheating - without any additional tools but a standard webbrowser.
    It's not a security issue, in fact it's impossible to get the torrent to work without being logged in to the site with that IP at the time...but once it does start, the tracker locks the session and you are free to change IP. The passkey system is far easier to exploit, but also far less of a pain in the ass.

Here's some info for you from an faq;

Multiple IPs (Can I login from different computers?)

Yes, the tracker is now capable of following sessions from different IPs for the same user. A torrent is associated with the user when it starts, and only at that moment is the IP relevant. So if you want to seed/leech from computer A and computer B with the same account you should access the site from computer A, start the torrent there, and then repeat both steps from computer B (not limited to two computers or to a single torrent on each, this is just the simplest example). You do not need to login again when closing the torrent.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    k, on blackcats, you can login using 2 diffrent ips, we have the passkey system so thats not a problem.

but we do advise you do not, download or seed the same torrent from 2 different IPs, this causes the announce historys to look very wierd, even to the point that a staff member may ban you for cheating, or the tracker will auto ban you for to fast an upload speed.

its hard to explain but imagine 2 ips announcing to the tracker every 30 minutes each, but they are not perfectly in sync.

you will have one ip downloading faster than the other, also uploading faster than the other, so lets say User A has uploaded 4 gig, user B has uploaded 200meg, the speed difference will be huge, probably - 10mbs to + 10mbs (maybe even more this isnt exact) but im sure you get my drift.

also any hit and runs user B does on Users A`s account, user A is responsible for.

so if you do get banned for hit and runs then dont come crying to the staff.

Regarding the Rules/FAQ/Useragreement:

Its standard in all trackers, its taking us a goos while to do the FAQ, i havnt even looked at the Useragreement (have you looked at that thing, you need to be a lawer and a year free time) but we do have a staff member re-writing the rules now, so they will be changed even though its taken years.

The priority is never the Rules and FAQ, especially if they are close to what you want anyway, priority is making your tracker, better and more stable than the stock one that you got when you first downloaded it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12