Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seedbox access for invites/accounts

Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    for 99.9% sites trade isn't allowed either so it dosen't make that much of difference. Either way (trade or bying/selling invite) will likely result in ban. The only difference is selling invite likely results in ban over multiple tracker.

and to answer this thread...

BT staff already said only direct use of money isn't allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    It's not. What about ScT invites? You, in theory, are paying for them to be traded, and therefor are paying for whatever invite you traded them for.

We on FST do not allow the use of money in it's direct form to purchase invites. We do not allow people to sell their invites directly for money. End of story.. Quite simple really.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 12-26-2007 at 06:26 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bikernin View Post
    thanks, i wasn't aware of this thread.

so i guess trading for computer parts would be ok as well.

"have *** - need new graphic card"

or what about prepaid mobil phone cards???

anything can be traded as long as it isn't money.

i have a funny feeling about this, sorry.

"never pay for file sharing" but trade anything you want to get access to it
    that is a very good point. It is a form of trade and the money is in the form of commodity such as a seedbox,etc

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i'm against trading in any form. trading invites for goods with a monetary value just takes it to another level.

but if it is allowed on fst, there's no need to discuss it, because people will do it anyway ....

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i'm against trading in any form. trading invites for goods with a monetary value just takes it to another level.

but if it is allowed on fst, there's no need to discuss it, because people will do it anyway ....
    There is a fine, easily crossable line between trading and selling access to sites. Who can truly assess for every transaction whether it has any monetary value?

Let's take a hypothetical situation between two individuals: let's say that user A bought his invite from user B, and two days later decides to trade the account with user C. Let's go even further and assume that A bought the account from B knowing full well in advance he's going to trade it with C. Would you consider the trade with C as having a monetary value, or does only the initial transaction constitute as such? Furthermore, can anyone even tell where a traded account originated from or what's its monetary value?

The thing is that (surprisingly enough) FST mods are not detectives and not experts on anything and everything, and can't be expected to be able to trace the origins of a trade or estimate its value. The optimal solution would be banning of all sorts of trading, but we all understand that that's not going to happen on FST anytime soon.

Seeing as that's the situation at hand, I personally would still like to see more defined rules regarding transactions which are obviously monetary in nature, such as suggestions to donate for another user's seedbox access, or suggestions to rent a seedbox with the sole purpose of renting it to another user in exchange for accounts/invites.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    thanks, i wasn't aware of this thread.

so i guess trading for computer parts would be ok as well.

"have *** - need new graphic card"

or what about prepaid mobil phone cards???

anything can be traded as long as it isn't money.

i have a funny feeling about this, sorry.

"never pay for file sharing" but trade anything you want to get access to it
    i always had a funny feeling about this ever since i saw such trades going on. i have made my point pretty clear in that thread but it as you can see it makes no sense puruing this point futher. in the end, if you have the money and half a brain, you will be able to find your way into most sites by trading suitable "commodities". its only gonna get more and more out of control.
    pro267 : yes, we cannot expect FST mods to be able to detect the origins of accounts or to ban trading all together, but wouldnt enforcing a like for like trade rule atleast be feasible? tracker accounts/invites for tracker accounts/invites. its not hard to enforce and fairly easy to comprehend and follow

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    sense's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    It's just another way of buying/bartering for an invite, it's wrong. I did it once before (giving seedbox access for an invite), I was wrong for doing it, haven't done it since and won't ever be doing it in the future. I still feel guilty about it as it's a blemish in my past that I wish wasn't there.

Once again it just comes down to 2 sides, one is for trading and one is against.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    pro267 : yes, we cannot expect FST mods to be able to detect the origins of accounts or to ban trading all together
    I don't see why they couldn't ban trading if they wanted to.

but wouldnt enforcing a like for like trade rule atleast be feasible? tracker accounts/invites for tracker accounts/invites. its not hard to enforce and fairly easy to comprehend and follow
    I agree, but apparently nobody cares enough to actually go ahead and do it.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    they wont ban trading beacuse its one of the main reasons why the invites section was started. and yea it does sound more like lack of interest..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12