Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mac: Boot Camp...

I use Boot Camp with Win XP Pro as well. It works perfectly. I use it soley for games, and it runs fine, so you should go try it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    well i have dual boot on my mac let me know where you are facing trouble ?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boodaddymac View Post
    The only problem with Windows Pro is it only recognizes 2gb. You need to install Vista to get it to read more ram...
    32-bit Pro will recognize @3.2GB of RAM.
    Supposedly, the upcoming SP3 will change that and all installed memory will be displayed.
    iirc SP3 will show all the RAM, but you will still only be able to use 3GB of it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    32-bit Pro will recognize @3.2GB of RAM.
    Supposedly, the upcoming SP3 will change that and all installed memory will be displayed.
    iirc SP3 will show all the RAM, but you will still only be able to use 3GB of it.

I installed service pack 3 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Still only shows 1.99GB ram of the 5 I have installed. The /3GB switch and the /PAE does not work for me. Am I doing something wrong?

A wise man gives advice, but a wiser man learns from it and uses it. Smart people learn from others mistakes. The blessing is on the other side of your tribulation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12