Thread: "grp.req" nuke of movies. What does it mean?

rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    I have seen lately many a film nuked for "grp.req" or "grp.request" does anyone know what this means? I have stayed away from downloading films nuked for this reason as I don't know what the hell it means and do not want to download a film that is FUBAR and waste the time and bandwidth. I mean some nukes like custom.quant.matrix are ok to download if you have a somewhat newer DVD player or plan on watching it on PC.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    it means "group requested".
    the group that released it, has requested that it's released be nuked for some major reason. usually sth like bad packaging, audio out of sync, bad cropping, etc.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    it means "group requested".
    the group that released it, has requested that it's released be nuked for some major reason. usually sth like bad packaging, audio out of sync, bad cropping, etc.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Much appreciated my friend.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The proper for that release sometimes details what the problem was in the nuked release, even if it was nuked on grp.req. But once the proper's out there's no point checking out the nuked release.
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by limpdickkid View Post
    The proper for that release sometimes details what the problem was in the nuked release, even if it was nuked on grp.req. But once the proper's out there's no point checking out the nuked release.
    http://www.rslinks.org/appz/ crap site full of ads spam