Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: torrents vs scene ftp

SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    how do private tracker uploaders get scene axx ? do they pay for it ?
    yes

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    @bikernin i compared them because i see that many ppls here are whining about ftn and about access to torrents and i wanted ppls to explore scene a bit more before moving to torrents.

@tokeman my advice is for you to look for good one curry older guy preferarebly, whos independent not in any group but still all groups loves him, let him add to his ftp, and just request what you need by date and name, and enjoy

about torrents i have everything i wanted, wich is elearning, i dont use torrents much, only when i feel that something i have is missing and valuable. so it will take me time before i post giveaway but i will definately help other guys here when right time shows up.

Im the guy who love also bbses back in 1992. mirage ppls if youre out there greetings

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by matta12 View Post
    @bikernin i compared them because i see that many ppls here are whining about ftn and about access to torrents and i wanted ppls to explore scene a bit more before moving to torrents.

@tokeman my advice is for you to look for good one curry older guy preferarebly, whos independent not in any group but still all groups loves him, let him add to his ftp, and just request what you need by date and name, and enjoy

about torrents i have everything i wanted, wich is elearning, i dont use torrents much, only when i feel that something i have is missing and valuable. so it will take me time before i post giveaway but i will definately help other guys here when right time shows up.

Im the guy who love also bbses back in 1992. mirage ppls if youre out there greetings

but torrents are free and for scene you have to pay . correct ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    fatbob : if admins of scene wants their site go sooner or later under investigation answer would be yes, like few years ago big bust happened (and german admin went down because of it)but many many good are not for sale.

but dont take it seriously just like we are saying we are just expressing our opinion and even torrents arent free, they are private, look czone, look others they are looking for donation in order to gain good ratio

So free or not free its just depends on each others opinion

Mother of all torrents for me is demonoid and will remain the one, and others can say whatever they want about ftn, for me demonoid is no 1

About comunity scene vs torrents i would say is that any comunity is good depends how you look on it
    Last edited by matta12; 12-27-2007 at 06:20 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Xer0's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Ftp Take

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    everybody can get into torrent sites. The higher lvl sites have some exclusive contents, but som any lowlife nerds are jerking to having them, its getting disgusting. to getting ftps its much harder recently

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    how do private tracker uploaders get scene axx ? do they pay for it ?
    Scene is like the real world. There is no free lunch, you gotta offer something up to get axx. Usually its putting money in, or donating a server, or being a ripper yourself.

Tho alot of uploaders get the axx from site owners, or higher up staff who have axx for various reasons (owning a topsite, or donating sever etc)

Someone invite me to fsc please

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    most uploaders at trackers have dump access not scene access that they pay for.

getting into the scene is so much easier today then it was 10 years ago since it has blown up in size. it is almost a joke actually how public some topsites are. however, if you struggle getting on a site like ftn i wouldn't recommend aiming for the scene. getting on to higher torrent sites is a joke compared to getting on to topsites. if you struggle with bt there is no point to even aim for the big leagues.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    so if i offer a scene guy with a 100mbit server , can i get access to dump site or scene top site ?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    That's good news, I've never really struggled with BT. Don't have anything to offer the scene though so I could never get in, but I would love it if I could.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast