Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: torrents vs scene ftp

tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    Anyways, getting back to the topic...
    Scene FTP's: Faster pre times (obviously), very private and secure, excellent download speeds, never having to seed back. Note: These are meant for sceners, not "p2p lamers" like us
    Top Level Trackers: Sense of community, content packs, not relying on a single server for content
    Content really depends on what you have access to.

Feel free to add to this list. All I know is, I don't care about super speedy pre-times as long as I can get the content I want. Didn't your mother's teach you any patience

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by tusks View Post
    not relying on a single server for content
    Content really depends on what you have access to.
    actually.... oh nevermind.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    horiZen's Avatar >>SSL ENCRYPTED<<
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    actually the best sites are where specific people are offered to join only and are required to prove their qualification before being allowed to stay on the site. sites like that tend to be so private that the only people who know about the site are on it and they don't even know the site until after being invited.
    lol,,,quite true

these sites are not known on FST or any other forums ;-

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    sense's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    that and most 100megbit/s sites are smaller so they only have current rls and not month old stuff, and fewer sections than gigabit.
    Small correction, speed really has nothing to do with the space. I've had access to a few dump sites (100Mbit), one had over 10TB's of just music and another had over 20TB's of movies (non HD, xvid/dvdr)/tvshows.

Also with 100Mbit you could have a DVD up within 7-10min, it's not that bad.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    i'm talking about racing sites. i've been on 50x100 in the past when gigabit was only ran by the fbi years ago and people where scared of gigabit but today i find sites like 6x100 and 50x1000. maybe it is my luck, but i don't see big 100megbit/s race sites any more.

also, 20tb? well that is bigger then i've seen in a long while on 100megbit/s but i've seen easily bigger on gigabit. i know hdd has nothing to do with speed. i just mean that why invest into a 100 site when you can invest into a 1000 site?

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    If you have good upload you don't need scene ftp, cuz their releases are spread everywhere.And specialized trackers and those with old content ftw!

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    where if the fun if you can't talk to the original person who upped the release and thank them personally? sheesh

and now i think i've said way to much.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Morgoth's Avatar The Great Enemy BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by matta12 View Post
    the reason i opened this thread is to try to open more kindness between admins of private trackers and potentional new members of torrent community, because no torrent tracker can compare to good scene ftp if you got good crew and good connections

I would like to make ppls to have great world with no calling cheaters because ppls run away because they dont seed, of course everyone wants to seed, but see now ppls have to pay for seedboxes (ones who dont have good connection) in order to stay a member on certain tracker, I would say seeding is great and what we all want but the others that cant do it for some reason dont make big deal out of it.

For me not such a good thing is when you invite "cheater" you loose invite possibility
    This can happen and that person maybe dont have good connection to stay active, but if its p2p to share then why block others who wanted to help others. thats my opinion.

Also this rep things. and you deserve it you dont deserve it such a comment. ppls here are used to look on bit torrent reputation because they allowed their brain to function based on what someone else added in sticky levels of certain tracker, and most of members here make a big deal out of it. and that again cant be compared to ftp scene.

So admins: help others to join your trackers, but in order to protect your tracker have your servers in russia and ure done.

When ill upload enough quality stuff about elearning i will give free invites to elearning ppls.

Because i use only bittorrent for elearning cant promise anyone to count for me or something else anymore because im officially dead.

Hope this helps!
    Well said.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    sense's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    i'm talking about racing sites. i've been on 50x100 in the past when gigabit was only ran by the fbi years ago and people where scared of gigabit but today i find sites like 6x100 and 50x1000. maybe it is my luck, but i don't see big 100megbit/s race sites any more.

also, 20tb? well that is bigger then i've seen in a long while on 100megbit/s but i've seen easily bigger on gigabit. i know hdd has nothing to do with speed. i just mean that why invest into a 100 site when you can invest into a 1000 site?
    Ahh ok but race sites don't really have that much from my experience and they make their way onto dump sites very quickly, faster than you would see them on any torrent site. In my experience I haven't really seen any large gbit servers. I am not discounting what you have said just going by what I have experienced. Also the sites I was associated with only had a handful of members, it would be really rare for everyone to be downloading at the same time so 100Mbit was plenty to leech from.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    a few years back it would of made a big difference if you had access to a "scene ftp" because of speed and content but truely with torrent sites now it;s not worth the trouble of trying to get into these sites which are very exclusive and if you don't have any skillz that can help out the group you won't be let in

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast