Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Becoming a Marine

iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Hello all. Just recently I have decided to join the U.S. Marine Corps, I've considered all of my alternative options (as I have just dropped out of college) and this is by far my best option. (And yes, this means no more homegrown but I shall live to smoke another day) After the first of the year I'll be sworn in, and planning on leaving for boot camp (San Diego) in March. Needless to say I am very nervous and scared shitless, and yet at the same time, overwhelming excited. Please wish me luck, and keep me in your prayers.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    Good luck, Martin. I hope you return from boot camp a proud marine and that you are safe from harm wherever you go

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Ahmadinejad : good luck next year in Teheran o:

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    good luck and watch full metal jacket before you go

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    good luck and watch full metal jacket before you go
    Hah...not funny My Staff Sgt. personally advised me not to do just that. My best friend since 2nd grade just got back from bootcamp, and he said it's not quite that bad.
    Last edited by iMartin; 12-28-2007 at 12:40 AM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    My mate's boy is a Royal Marine. If the training you are about to go thro' is anything like theirs then good luck with that. I hope you're already as fit as fuck.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    pofeca's Avatar ---///ObSesSeD\\\--- BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Good Luck !

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    If anyone's interested UKNova currently have a torrent re the "Royal Marines - The Green Berets" and in particular their basic training. It's a 6 part documentary from Discovery.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Good luck, that's a pretty risky and hard to be a marine... too bad you dropped out of college, why not considering giving it a second chance?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    bornwithnoname's Avatar Bit Master BT Rep: +1
    Just remember that boot camp is a mind game. Do what the DI tells the first time he says it immediately. Then you may get kicked in the chops anyway. Just focus on graduating. You will get thru it, but it will suck.

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. (Terry Prattchet)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast