Thread: I Know This Is Asked A Lot But.....

i know this is asked a lot but could you guys give me some suggestion on what to get for my computer?

My specs are

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.66Hz
    2.65GHz
    512MB of RAM
    Windows XP Home SP1
    NVIDA GeForce FX 5200 (video card)
    A stock sound card
    Altec Lansing 5.1 (speakers)
    Wireless Logitech keyboard and mouce
    HP DeskJet 950C (Printer)
    a little mic
    CD RW
    DVD ROM
    Floppy drive
    broadband cable

I want to be able to play the guitar and have my computer pick it up digitaly and then little things that are good to have. I have $400 to spend

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    And this fits in with the lounge theme how exactly?

Moved!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    chalkmongoose
    Balamn, can you do me a favour? Can you make it more obvious? I clicked on this to yell at you for moving a post about hardware to the lounge, then I realized you'd moved it FROM the lounge...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Here's some ideas...

Since you want to blow some cash away. Get yourself a DIGITAL camcorder. They are great! A lot of fun! Just dump the video from the camcorder into your computer, edit it, add FX to, titles, make it into a DVD.

Make some money, and get a free meal doing weddings on video.

Get some of those PC digital 3D galsses for Directx 3D video games and a gyro-gamepad.

Buy a "Wacom tablet", to draw pictures right onto your computer, like a pencil.

Get a BOSE surround sound system, with digital sound card (one wire/fiber optic) Dolby 7.1.

Buy a Flat LCD computer monitor and make it into a huge projector. Play video games on a wall sized monitor. How about outside at night in the backyard, play some huge 3D action games or flight simulators. Play DIVX movies for the neighborhood kids.

Buy some used PLC equipment on ebay, and build a system that you can remotely operate anything from your PC, such as coffee pots, alarms, garage door, dildos, appliances etc...

Buy a multi-tier CDRW burning tower. Burn up to 5 CDs at once.

The list can go on and on and on.....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    chalkmongoose
    Couldn't you do something where as you walk into a room, computer monitors turn on and you can say what channel to watch?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i assume you play video games since you've got a geforce fx. you could prolly pick up a few extra frames per second by installing a good sound card. maybe a soundblaster audigy 2? that'd add 24 bit audio decoding abilities too, in case you ever wanna pick up some dvd-audio discs.

or how about an image scanner? you never know when one of those will come in handy.