Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Me......

FST Retiree
    Originally posted by shn+26 July 2003 - 00:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn &#064; 26 July 2003 - 00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by dg_mortal@25 July 2003 - 23:21
    <!--QuoteBegin-balamm
    @26 July 2003 - 00:13
    Couldn&#39;t you just hold down " control " while it booted to get the boot option menu with safe mode and dos ?

i wish that would work but unfortuanatly it doesnt. even when chooing start windows normally, it boots into DOS and the safe mode options is non-existent now. the only way i see getting back into windows is editing the config.sys file, but thats a no go as well. looks like formatting is in the future for this one. thanks for the help anyways.

B)

P.S......GODDAMN YOU BILL GATES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

i feel better now
    Before you attempt to format . Do you have an extra partition on your drive? You can install windows on that and keep the partition that wont boot up. Boot from the newly installed operating system. Check your boot.ini or in your case the one you were refering to config.sys and fix it then. That way you wont lose anything. [/b][/quote]
    ill do that if i can get a disc to the location of the computer. i have everything needed to fix it, problem is, i cant get it there. its 400 miles from here. i&#39;ll probably end up sending the disc (don&#39;t worry, this is completly legal ) overnight air to where it is needed and then proceed to do the fixing. i wouldnt have this problem if bill gates wouldnt have disabled the ability to boot into DOS in ME. i blame him for my problems tonight. looks like i&#39;ll have to do things the hard way after all.

B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    its all fixed now... well, kinda... we found the recovery disc this morning and my mom installed it. I lost everything though

remind me to never listen to you bout going into DOS again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12