Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best trackers for mac software?

I'm looking for a decent tracker for mac apps. The public trackers seem to have very little, and often they have 0/low seeds. I used to use demonoid which was okay, and oink was abolutely fantastic with even the more obscure smaller aps such as garagesale available. However as we all know, neither are still operating

So can anyone recommend a decent tracker for me?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    xurbia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Brokenstones is good, also both waffles and what.cd both have mac app categories

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    You are right, but as far as I know, Brokenstones is the best for mac appz

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    thanks for the replies guys, i guessed waffles.fm and what.cd might be good places, but i hadnt heard of brokenstones.

at the moment all 3 are full/invite only, but it looks like brokenstones and what.cd do accept registrations from time to time so I guess ill just have to keep 'em peeled!

Thanks again!

EDIT: Just tried brokenstone again, and this time i noticed theres a place to request an invite, however I cant seem to get the URL to (http://bsinvite.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=6) to work. Im on safari, anyone think of a reason why this might not be working?
    Last edited by jj4evarb; 12-28-2007 at 03:54 PM. Reason: extra info added

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    1st place : brokenstones, 2nd is macnbits

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fish-strike's Avatar Dot BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    you can not beat brokenstones it is the absolute best for mac apps!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Seems like brokenstones is the one to try for, anyone know if i'm actually likely to be able to sign-up, or should i start whoring someplace for an invite?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    alright mate the broken stones invite site is down, apparently they wont be opening sign up for a while... so you will have to start doing the latter!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    If, like me, you're not registered with BrokenStones you might like to give mac-torrents a try.

Iit looks like quite a new tracker with a fairly simple website and only just got it's forum.

There seems to be a pretty good list of games and applications and the seed rates seem pretty good.

- please ignore the next two multi posts by me, sorry -
    Last edited by GordonBennett; 12-30-2007 at 01:14 PM. Reason: mulit post

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    edit
    Last edited by GordonBennett; 12-30-2007 at 01:11 PM. Reason: multi post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast