Thread: Microsoft update

sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Is there anyway i can download security updates,netframework and the rest manually without having to use the built in microsoft update feature does the offical microsoft web page allow this? everytime i search the microsoft web page it keep redirecting me to the auto up thing.
    Last edited by sleepyy; 03-08-2008 at 04:14 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tutipute's Avatar I'm Here! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I am not quite sure you can download ALL of them but i'm definite that you can download the .net framework and it's update!
    I'm also quite possitive that you can download the security updates, but i've never tried it.
    I use a licensed windows version (with genuine validation installed) in order to download these updates. Let me know if you need any help or PM me the updates list and i'll try my best to help...
    Best of luck!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I've found the few i was looking for would the os at all matter xp home / pro with the updates ? as the os does not apear to be listed

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    google is your best friend , google it and i bet u ll find plenty of websites for it

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    Is there anyway i can download security updates,netframework and the rest manually without having to use the built in microsoft update feature does the offical microsoft web page allow this?
    Yes, the official Microsoft web page does allow this. It's a real pain in the ass to get the required/needed list. Probably should just wait for SP3 later this year...

If you really want them, go check out AutoPatcher: http://www.autopatcher.com/ - Might have to search the torrents for'em.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    Is there anyway i can download security updates,netframework and the rest manually without having to use the built in microsoft update feature does the offical microsoft web page allow this?
    Yes, the official Microsoft web page does allow this. It's a real pain in the ass to get the required/needed list. Probably should just wait for SP3 later this year...

If you really want them, go check out AutoPatcher: http://www.autopatcher.com/ - Might have to search the torrents for'em.
    Totally agree with SP3, was running RC1, both builds, now RC2 with great success!

If you don't want a beta, you can try a program called bigfix. It came installed on my laptop and seemed to do its job. It lists all available updates, lets you chose the ones you want, downloads & installs them.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    cheers i will give those a look

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    wutool will download windows update files to custom folder

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Qlix's Avatar saving forever BT Rep: +1
    Just download the cracks or something.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/
    It's for updating with firefox, but it bypasses the gay WGA stuff too.