Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help!! Can't downlaod Private torrent..

Quote Originally Posted by fstokebanget View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jr56 View Post

That patch is meant for WinXP SP2
    but I read on the page it also can work witn Win 2003 Server SP1, that's the version of my VPS OS
    There is indeed a mention of Windows Server SP1 Beta but you should anyways be running SP2 and there is no mention of the patch needed or being compatible with SP2.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Member BT Rep: +2
    I am Extremely sorry for not replying..

I tried for that too mate..
    i am not talking about Mininova its some other private Site which provides torrents..
    Quote Originally Posted by cullen7282 View Post
    Okay, I'm gathering that your downloading off of mininova? A private torrent has a tracker that is a private site where you have to register and keep a good ratio. Make sure DHT is enabled and it might let you download it, although that always doesn't work.
    At the bottom of utorrent, next to where your download speed is, if you see DHT: disabled, right click on it and select enable DHT.
    When i tried to Patch it, it shows "Patch Aborted system not supported..
    If you want i can show you its screen. ANy other Patch bro??
    Please i need it soon..
    Thanks to all who came up to Help me with valuable answers i am Really glad for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post

first u will need to do this download this patch

http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

after u patch that then open utorrent and go to option/preference/advance and set

net.max_halfopen from 8 to 50..and that is all..also u can use speed guide in utorrent to set best option for your upload speed..
    Last edited by farhazadeeb; 12-30-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by jr56 View Post

but I read on the page it also can work witn Win 2003 Server SP1, that's the version of my VPS OS
    There is indeed a mention of Windows Server SP1 Beta but you should anyways be running SP2 and there is no mention of the patch needed or being compatible with SP2.
    So I made mistake here, how do am I gonna tell hosting-ie now ? I did backup the tcpip.sys, am I going to tell them just restore the tcpip.sys or else ? I plan to move to Linux, but the Windows still contain some files I haven't download from my computer

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Ok to get you better help here is the things that we need to know to be able to help you.

What is the name of the site?
    If its against there policy to give it out in public forums use the three letter way of mentioning sites for example FSC.

What OS are you using?

Is it a home pc or a seedbox?

Name of the file you where trying to grab?
    So someone who has access to said tracker can take a look and see if there is anything he could point out that might be causing this.

If utorrent is giving you any errors when trying to download the file post them here.

Once we have this info we can be of better help because at the moment all we can do is guess at what might be the cause of your problem.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Well,
    its nothing to Hide, sometimes i am unable to download from Piratebay and H33t and some few.

Tracker shows {Offline timeout }
    I am using Home PC Windows XP Sp2

Whereas i can download from Other free sites torrents.
    I am attaching one Torrent file let me know if you get same error.

Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    Ok to get you better help here is the things that we need to know to be able to help you.

If its against there policy to give it out in public forums use the three letter way of mentioning sites for example FSC.

What OS are you using?

So someone who has access to said tracker can take a look and see if there is anything he could point out that might be causing this.

If utorrent is giving you any errors when trying to download the file post them here.

Once we have this info we can be of better help because at the moment all we can do is guess at what might be the cause of your problem.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Okay i can say you 2 names but 1 remain hidden i cant say it openly.

Piratebay and H33t.com
    Using utorrent 1.7.5 on Windows Xp Sp2- home computer.
    Tracker says - Offline{timeout} and 0 peers connected plus DHT is Disabled by itself without any option.
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post

What OS are you using?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    am I going to tell them just restore the tcpip.sys or else ?
    I doubt they will do what you mention there for free, you can try of course but i think they will ask for some $ for that kind of support

am I going to tell them just restore the tcpip.sys or else ?
    I doubt they will do what you mention there for free, you can try of course but i think they will ask for some $ for that kind of support
    Last edited by jr56; 12-30-2007 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    surprisely, on the other hand they helped me restored the file
    wow this few weeks on hosting-ie is really good

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by farhazadeeb View Post
    Okay i can say you 2 names but 1 remain hidden i cant say it openly.

Piratebay and H33t.com
    Using utorrent 1.7.5 on Windows Xp Sp2- home computer.
    Tracker says - Offline{timeout} and 0 peers connected plus DHT is Disabled by itself without any option.
    Ok to enable DHT in utorrent you should go to Options->Preferences->BitTorrent-> checkoff box that says enable DHT Network and enable DHT for new torrents. Now remember that some sites ask that you disable DHT so if you going to be sharing on one of those site disable it.

But it should probably be ok to use DHT on Pirate Bay as for Heet.com never heard of it so I cant comment on that. The error Offline(timeout) means that you cant reach the server that is hosting the torrent file so maybe by enabling DHT you will get to another server that has the same file and it will start downloading.

As for your problem applying the TCP/IP patch try applying it using thru the command line by following the steps below.
    Quote Originally Posted by applying patch threw command line
    Try going to your start->run command and entering cmd and then choosing ok to see if the actual command line window opens?

If it opens then try this method listed below but make sure you have the extracted folder in your my documents folder and when the command line window opens type.

cd my documents
    Then you will get the following:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<ComputerName>\My Documents>
    then on that window type cd EvID4226Patch223d-en

Then you will get the following
    C:\Documents and Settings\<ComputerName>\My Documents>EvID4226Patch223d-en
    Which is the folder containing the EvID4226Patch.exe

and to run it just type the command below:
    EvID4226Patch.exe

and then it should give you the option of choose how many connections you want to allow.
    Hope this method of running it works for you.

Best of luck in getting this sorted.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    they helped me restored the file
    I'm glad they helped you out for free, i'm sure other providers would charge for such "work"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast