Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I -

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Stop Nero 8 from starting a Data Compilation project every time I insert a blank CD/DVD?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    prolly all you need to do is change the autoplay options for that drive.

1. in my computer, right-click on your optical drive and select properties.
    2. Select the "AutoPlay" tab.

the "Select an Action to Perform" bubbly is probably selected, with Nero data compiler as the task.

3. Either select a different task or select the "Prompt me each time to choose an action" button.

click OK

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    None of them are selected as a Nero task thingy.. All are on prompt me, and it still does that annoying thing.

Another thing that just happened - I burned 14 albums one after the other, and when burning then ext one, in the middle of the burning process, Nero simply exited itself, as if someone had ended the process. The disc kept spinning in the drive, which would not open, and I had to manually open it (which caused a smell of something burning.. Drive still works fine though).

WTF is up with athat?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ph4wX's Avatar Mudkip BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    nero is bad :\

theres alot of opensource programs that are wayy better

try cdburnerxp

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    لا إله إلا الله
    nero isnt the good
    i really think

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Give up on Nero.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    you can also go to run, and type "msconfig" minus the quotes, and hit enter. This will bring up the system configuration utility. Go to the startup tab and anything with the name nero or containing anything to to with nero either in the name or the file path, uncheck. This will stop any nero processes from startin when you turn your computer on. This means nero should only do anything when you open it manually via a shortcut or start menu, instead of having a part of itself running constantly that looks for a disc to be put in.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    None of them are selected as a Nero task thingy.. All are on prompt me, and it still does that annoying thing.

Another thing that just happened - I burned 14 albums one after the other, and when burning then ext one, in the middle of the burning process, Nero simply exited itself, as if someone had ended the process. The disc kept spinning in the drive, which would not open, and I had to manually open it (which caused a smell of something burning.. Drive still works fine though).

WTF is up with athat?
    next time restart or wait rather than manually opening the drive with a spinning disc.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Jeez.. bought a new burner, and CDBurnerXP keeps saying that whatever compilation I try burning, it's too big for the CD in the drive (which is bullshit). What the hell's wrong with all this?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    well how big is your compilation?
    what is the drive, what is the media?
    maybe you're just burning scene releases in which case you might want to turn overburn on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast