Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ersan got pwned part 2

Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Scene releases have been leaked to the "general public" on p2p networks for a long time and groups have hardly ever done anything but curse and bitch about it in their nfo's. In my opintion, the question should be why this case is different. Take a look at the donations screen and run some scenarios with his hosting company and you'll start to imagine where the rest of the money could have gone

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster
    he got what he deserved, that arrogant dumb fuck

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well i dont know him, i dont know the circumstances surrounding this at all.

but i do feel for the guy, after what happened to me just the other week, i know what hes going through. Mine was a bit different but

Mud >>> chucked in direction of you = most of the times hits and sticks and is a nightmare to get off.

what im more worried about, is this gving all trackers a bad name, and no one donating ever again to any of them, or the MPAA saying we took this site down because the owner was making XXXX a month. most of the time its a load of crap.

question is what would you rather see, 20 ads and popup and pop unders on every page you visit on a site, but no donation link, or no ads and a donation link on their.

sysops can only put money from their own pocket for so long, and in all honesty, without donation, there is no way i could afford to run the tracker where it is. well i could but i might get sick after a few months.

i just think all this mud slinging is giving bittorrent a bad name in general, NG dont get this hastle, scene releases end up on there, and you have to pay for access, thats a lot worse imo than any torrent tracker on the planet.

thing is if the scene didnt realease them, then someone would, im not knocking the scene at all, as they do good work for everyone, and i hate to see a scene release, thats been repacked and renamed and i will not tollerate that on my tracker at all.

if you download a scene release, even from 10 years ago, you should give credit to them imo.

like i said though, i dont know the full story behind this, so i cant realy comment, but i do have sympathy for him, and i can see this and other things giving torrents a bad name and it either blowing up completly, or going totally underground and no one being able to get into anywhere and any changes in account, emails, IPs, names being an instant ban.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    LOL scene FTW!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I don't think the guys who did it represent the whole scene and it's members/users.
    But the poor guy surely got the worst scare of his life. Just put yourself in his shoes and you will realize what I'm going on about.

BTW, i love the scene and it's work, all the hardworking groups and all it's members

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    this guy deserved this, collecting donations for anyithing else besides paying the bills for the server is just wrong and should be punished.

this thing that scene doesnt want his stuff on p2p is the biggest lie after the internet balloon ever went trhogugh on internet. they could so damn easily stop the releases leaking, its just hypocrite.

and btw sbody asked why the huge efforts. imagine yourself ugly as my ass with no life and pretty bored with the usual internet things.

thats the motivation

not that i dont respect all the hard work they put into releasing, its just its so ridiculous how they pretend not to be hypocrite

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    KennyD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I wonder what p2l sites like ILT & bitsoup make from donations... I bet its a nice chunk of change. Especially with that many users...

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    don't be silly, of course scene doesn't want their work out for all cops to see.

as for st, whole erics attitude toward security was laughable, he could expect something like this.
    Last edited by optimus_prime; 12-29-2007 at 08:57 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    releasing isnt some kind of need, like smoking weed. both illegal, one is for self joy, one is for fame, stop acting like this isnt what you do it for.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    stupid bunch of immature kids. thats all it is.
    Go Leafs Go.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast