Thread: seeding problem

bornwithnoname's Avatar Bit Master BT Rep: +1
    Background:

I am running XP sp2 with all the patches install. I am not using a firewall. I have applied the tcp.sys patch. I am using utorrent 1.75 as my client and I have the green check mark. My ISP is windstream.

The problem:

At certain trackers (what.cd, docs.torrents.ro) I have a hard time seeding. I am currently seeding a torrent were I am connected to a swarm of 24 and I am uploading nothing.

At other trackers I do not have this problem. I can be connected to 1 peer and it will run the upload right to my max.

Any have anythoughts on this?

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. (Terry Prattchet)

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    It definitely depends on the torrent. What is a very well-seeded site. Unless it's a new torrent, you'll have a hard time finding a torrent with a S:L ratio of lower than 20:1. Because of this, there are inevitably some seeders with faster upload than you, so the leechers' clients will seek out these faster connections for downloading.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    you are probably connecting to torrents with partial seeders, thus you don't upload anything.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    bornwithnoname's Avatar Bit Master BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevis View Post
    It definitely depends on the torrent. What is a very well-seeded site. Unless it's a new torrent, you'll have a hard time finding a torrent with a S:L ratio of lower than 20:1. Because of this, there are inevitably some seeders with faster upload than you, so the leechers' clients will seek out these faster connections for downloading.

That is true. However the torrent I am seeding has a ratio of about 1:1. It would seem that would not apply to this scenario.

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. (Terry Prattchet)

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by nethawk View Post
    you are probably connecting to torrents with partial seeders, thus you don't upload anything.
    Most likely indeed

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    yes, it's true, even if you're on a seedbox you couldn't upload anything if facing the partial seeders that are seen as leechers