Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think Windows Vista compared to Leopard ?

fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Each OS has their own ability and specialities, and every OS do has their own weakness. Just tell what do you think of Windows Vista and Leopard.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Vista sux not sure about the Mac but if you have to upgrade to install security updates Mac's sux too . Whats your point my friend , what do you want to do with your computer ?

I'm old school by the way , still happy with XP, your asking apples and oranges .
    Last edited by peat moss; 12-31-2007 at 02:22 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    chip19's Avatar a chip off ol' death BT Rep: +4
    I agree with the above poster that it's apples (no pun intended) and oranges.

However, I use both and am happy for both.

Vista is a good OS. It is more secure than XP (although smart users can make XP just as secure), and also has the eye candy. Plus it gives you Direct X 10 which is needed for games if you are into that type of thing. All of the hardware compatibility problems people have been talking about is BS in my opinion. I'm sure some printers and stuff don't work, but Vista is actually better than XP as far as my network and sound drivers. It did it out of the box without needing my motherboard CD.

Leopard is nothing special at all. If I didn't get it free through work I'd be pissed. Spaces is useless IMO, and nothing special (it's just virtual desktops, which has been in Windows and Linux for years; and I never used them anyway). Time Machine is fine, but I don't have a big enough external HD so I can't even use it. Boot Camp is a waste of life since Parallels and VMWare Fusion are so fast now. And that is literally like the only new features (just goto Apple's site and see what they list). It's a terrible upgrade and not much new stuff. That said, Leopard has everything Tiger has, and Tiger is the best OS ever made IMO.

If you have Tiger, I would stay with it for as long as you can. Apple should keep doing security updates and what not. Same with XP... stay with it, as there's nothing major.

The only difference is that Vista is the first new thing in 5 years. Leopard is the first new thing in like 1.5 years. So Microsoft did a whole lot of work with little to show. But, oh well... Apple bias coming in. But honestly, I think Apple is just as evil as Microsoft, I just like their products better.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Vista sux not sure about the Mac but if you have to upgrade to install security updates Mac's sux too . Whats your point my friend , what do you want to do with your computer ?

I'm old school by the way , still happy with XP, your asking apples and oranges .
    I just want to read some opinions here, I love Tiger and still stick on it, while my iMac does have Leopard installed, but I never use Vista. But as long as I know it's just XP with some new "skins" on it. On the other hand Leopard does have a major improvement compared to the previous Tiger, it's just need to have some more minor version changes.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    sanjana's Avatar Cherish your life... BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Just check this link for leopard comparison. He will guide you through all the way...

Quite funny..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-_xA...eature=related
    I am proud to be a part of this communities.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    haha
    nice one

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by chip19 View Post
    But honestly, I think Apple is just as evil as Microsoft, I just like their products better.
    I whole heartedly agree. Apple may even be worse. I dont use any apple products but if I were to use something done by Apple it would certainly be their OS, possibly Tiger or Leopard, but I would only use it if it had as much software support as Windows does, most softwares that are made are made for windows so...
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    nice nice video

Apple creates culture, Microsoft only after the profits

I cannot say if most softwares are made for Windows, but all the viruses are made for Windows also
    Last edited by fstokebanget; 01-01-2008 at 07:40 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by fstokebanget View Post
    nice nice video

Apple creates culture, Microsoft only after the profits

I cannot say if most softwares are made for Windows, but all the viruses are made for Windows also
    Well newer and better virus are being written for Mac's as its still trying to catch up ?

I tease of course but boy you 'd have to sway me with kick ass software to make me change . You can't can you , which is why we use Boot Camp . What a bunch of prima dona's, find some software that uses both or maybe Job could reprogram a few .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    that's why I always say, if you want to use Mac, think like a Mac, but if you want to use Windows, think like a Windows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast