Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banning A User Who Refuses To Share Files

Question: This may piss some off, but I have a problem with people who are downloading a file from me and when I check to see what they are sharing... it is NOTHING. If I happen to come across this, I cancel the users download and then send them a message requesting that they share files if they expect to download them.
    Well... I had one guy tonight, for the first time, that started hammering the download and just kept re-starting it over and over. My question is this... I am using K-Lite 2.4.1 and would like to know if there is a plugin or app out there that I can ban these kinds of people from connecting to me.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    FST Retiree
    first of all, you should search the forum before posting something like this. it has been brought up countless times, and everytime it gets the same answer.

there is an app that i know of that can scan everyone uploading from you to see if they are sharing files. it can then cancel anyone that "doesn't share" their files. but there is a problem with that.......i use this little thing called the privacy patch. you can find files that i am sharing by searching for them, but if you right click on a search result or upload of mine and view all of the files i am sharing, it will say that i am not sharing anything. this is for security reasons. because of this patch, you can now never really know if someone is sharing or not. it's this reason that i will not tell you what this app is called or where to find it.

B)

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I did a search, but I guess it was not the right key words. I did a search on the privacy patch and found what you were refering to. I did not realize that this program existed. Thanks for lettin me know.. I guess that I will just have to let it lie then.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by GP_Racer@28 July 2003 - 03:27
    Question: This may piss some off, but I have a problem with people who are downloading a file from me and when I check to see what they are sharing... it is NOTHING. If I happen to come across this, I cancel the users download and then send them a message requesting that they share files if they expect to download them.
    Well... I had one guy tonight, for the first time, that started hammering the download and just kept re-starting it over and over. My question is this... I am using K-Lite 2.4.1 and would like to know if there is a plugin or app out there that I can ban these kinds of people from connecting to me.
    As you don't seem to know about the privacy option, it probably means you have it on, as I think it is on by default. So if someone tried to view your files and they don't know about the privacy patch they will think you are not sharing and cancel your download.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    true. I have read through several of the topics I found after searching the string "privacy patch" and recieved a better education on the subject. I have just switched over to K-lite and after using Kazaa for quite some time. I did not realize that this option was even in this release. So... as I stated before, I will just have to let this one go.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Dont worry about other people. If their not sharing it will catch up with them. What goes around comes around. But dont waste your time playing junior deputy on kazaa. Just share and download and have fun.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

wht is wrong with this part of the forum Filesharing??

All that I'm see is

f*cking fakes
    RIAA sueing
    RIAA hitlist
    f*cking leeches

Do people ever talk about the good things anymore???

this is just getting boring

and there is at least 4 to 5 threads litertly per day about those 4 topics I mentioned

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Hogster@28 July 2003 - 06:23

wht is wrong with this part of the forum Filesharing??

All that I'm see is

f*cking fakes
    RIAA sueing
    RIAA hitlist
    f*cking leeches

Do people ever talk about the good things anymore???

this is just getting boring

and there is at least 4 to 5 threads litertly per day about those 4 topics I mentioned
    your reply didnt appear to be a positive one either..it must be catching...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    people people,

about sharing and stuff. If you don't share you shouldn' tbe punsihed. I'll explain why.

Here in belgium we have several broadband providers. Woow sounds cool , sounds fast. Well to be honest it all is. But here's the catch.

If we download more then 10GB a month >>>>>> byebye connection for a whole month

if we upload more then 1.54gb a month >>>>>> byebye connection for amonth.

You see it isn't always possible for people to share file seven if we want to, caus ei have great and lots of prgrams and game si wish to share.

So before jumping to cocnlsuions please think about it

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    jetje's Avatar former star
    go to shared files, stop sharing that file for say like 15 seconds.. check.. you will see he can't connect to it anymore. Restart sharing and you won't see him back for a while..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast