Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: is it fair?

BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    most trackers, online gaming sites, gamble sites, even money transfer services block the same countries.

they don't do that because they don't like the countries or think all users from those countries are bad.

they do it to protect their sites.

they have statistics. those statistics prove that 95% of all cheater always come from the same countries.

when you have a country with a cheater ratio of 85% or even higher, you blackhole filter it - period.

if you are a good user from a country that is banned, you shouldn't blame the tracker, but the mentality of your countrymen when it comes to usage of online services such as bittorrent.

on a side note: people who break tracker rules all the time and throw away or trade accounts like bad apples shouldn't really demand any "fairness" from the tracker side.
    well said but my question is why they dont keep the good and ban the bad it will be atleast fair !

btw i am not from somalia i dont think where i am from its dose not matter and i cant say where i am from atm coz security issues

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    You post in FST from the pentagon? O:

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by supper View Post
    well said but my question is why they dont keep the good and ban the bad it will be atleast fair !
    Can not you guess? there is no good! 0.0000001% is neglectable
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by DyNast View Post
    You post in FST from the pentagon? O:
    something like that its coz i am a trader thats all any way i gusse so many ppl now already know
    Last edited by supper; 12-31-2007 at 02:34 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    n00b BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I used to play a multiplayer online game and it's quite interesting, that most of the cheaters came from the same countries, that are also notorious in the torrent world.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by DyNast View Post
    This thing is going on mostly against Israeli users, many sites block Israeli IPs, from TB (all Israeli IPs) to BitMe\TV (most of them, I need to change my IP for a million times till I manage to get in there!), and even more sites...

What can we do? is life fair?
    why do you think they do it?
    How should I know? they say because there are cheaters here, because of account hijacks (wtf? if the accounts hijacks problem was that big, I don't believe a simple IP block would magically finish it)
    to be honest, you can't really know why, and I don't think that's right to ban the whole country for this, there are many, really, a lot of users in Israel that are not cheaters\account hijackers or something like that...

But, well... what can I do about that? they don't give a shit

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    pm any tracker staff and ask them did u or did u not ban ppl from the same country u live in and post the replay here conan

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post

pm any tracker staff and ask them did u or did u not ban ppl from the same country u live in and post the replay here conan
    And what does this have to do with your question?

We have 0.0000000000001% cheaters
    You have 0.00000000000001% good users

Is it clear now?
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok, 1 or 2 cheaters from the same country is fine we expect that, even 100-300 is collateral damage.

but when you open signups, and you get 5000 new members in less than 24 hours, and 4500 of those are from the same country, and then 4300 of them cheat. Its time to start banning IP Ranges and Countries im afraid.

like i said before though, we havnt banned any country, we are just never going to open again (thats not just for the cheaters though)

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    most trackers, online gaming sites, gamble sites, even money transfer services block the same countries.

they don't do that because they don't like the countries or think all users from those countries are bad.

they do it to protect their sites.

they have statistics. those statistics prove that 95% of all cheater always come from the same countries.

when you have a country with a cheater ratio of 85% or even higher, you blackhole filter it - period.

if you are a good user from a country that is banned, you shouldn't blame the tracker, but the mentality of your countrymen when it comes to usage of online services such as bittorrent.

on a side note: people who break tracker rules all the time and throw away or trade accounts like bad apples shouldn't really demand any "fairness" from the tracker side.

btw i am not from somalia i dont think where i am from its dose not matter and i cant say where i am from atm coz security issues
    just imagine you have a vegetable store.

you get good fruits and vegetables from many countries.

there's one country that always sends you boxes of rotten tomatos.

so you change your dealer from that country, but again, boxes full of rotten tomatos.

now do you keep buying tomatos from that country and open every single box hoping to find a good tomato?

i don't think so.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast