Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: is it fair?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I dont think its got anything to do with that. swedvdr banned everyone apart from swedish IPs, at the end of the day its up to them, Torrentspy banned the USA, Demonoid banned Canada, Blackcats nearly banned Brazil (we didnt but we come close).

Granted most of the above had nothing to do with cheating, but like i said in another post, you open up, 95% of the members that join cheat, and 90% are from the same country, i can understand why trackers ban countries, because going through those 95% with a fine tooth comb is a nightmare.

So to me it has nothing to do with Race, or Religion.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSI_19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    People from the same environment share same behavior, when the staff find out that 50% of a certain country are cheaters then it's fucking so fair to ban the whole country..
    not true
    we can find two brothers one good and the other one bad
    am i right???!!!
    so its not fair for me
    The good one will not be able to sleep while the bad one is making progress in a such dirty way..

So it'll be just a matter of time till he turns into a an other f**ker..
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by mikechrobot View Post
    Poland a Jewish country?
    check ur facts dude, 0.1% of poland's population is jewish
    I think he meant for Israel

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    Couldn't really say if it's fair or not unless I ran a site and knew what I was talking about but Bitmetv I know will allow users from Isreal/Poland if they are able to get a static IP.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    mikechrobot's Avatar Trader Hater BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by krunktastic View Post
    Poland and Israel are primarily JEWISH countries.
    removes all doubt?

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    most trackers, online gaming sites, gamble sites, even money transfer services block the same countries.

they don't do that because they don't like the countries or think all users from those countries are bad.

they do it to protect their sites.

they have statistics. those statistics prove that 95% of all cheater always come from the same countries.
    That is a very interesting argument.

Do the statistics show the exact percentage of cheaters per country?
    Where can I find these statistics and a list of sites which block countries according to them?
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    sct staff decide to ban Poland and Israel too it seems that the people who live there are massive cheaters
    Quote Originally Posted by sct news
    P.S. We banned Poland and Israel with IP bans, and from now on they will no longer to signup as unfortunately they cause more hassle with cheating that it's worth.
    Last edited by r77; 12-31-2007 at 07:52 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I donīt think is fair, I donīt think is unfair, it is, period.
    If so many trackers took that decision I guess they did it because they couldnīt do anything else.
    What I consider unfair, beyond any doubt, itīs that a tracker have to put a huge amount of time and resources to control only a specific group, no matter if it is a country, a continent or whatever, because in that specific group the rule is cheating and the exception is the fair play.

Thatīs what Iīve read in many many trackers, blogs, etc... If that is not true, of course it would seem unfair to me.

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by Actatoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post

deviating from the topic to say "you're not the brightest mind under the sky" is preety much "you're stupid" put in a more refined form. I don't really like the way polarbear has been acting lately and more people have said that to him. I don't actually believe he's 36 years old based on his posts, but even so, stoping in a middle of a serious descussion to say "you're stupid" is childish and arogant
    You can take "you're not the brightest mind under the sky" in various ways, yes. However I still think he stated a fact since supper does not show a very high amount of logic in this thread so far. But I think your post was more then a answer to me but more a rant on Polarbear so I won't say anything more.

Happy new year dragos.
    what logic u trying to looking for i say ppl should not be banned coz of other mistakes and the retard one talking to me about vegetable

and tomatos and u dont c any insulting words in polarbear to me so this mean two thing u are so dumb ass as u cant understand it or u just used to hear this insult from every one so its become normal to u so give me break u and him ok if u want to kiss ass Polarbear then do it in other thread plz coz ur post dose not make any sence
    Last edited by supper; 12-31-2007 at 08:00 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    fisz's Avatar Dont read this!! BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I understand that torrent sites choose to disable signups for people from "cheating" countries (S*T) but cuting off registred users like SCC did shows that they will never be respected tracker. Its their tracker and they have right to do what thay want with it but if they want our respect they should respect us and spend some time on developing good anti cheat scripts. I liked SCC it was one of my first trackers now it doesnt exist for me anymore i could still use it with proxy so if someone wants to cheat he still can.

now im going to get real drunk Do dna hehe
    happy new year

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast