Thread: Captcha

I was wondering if you guys could implement this suggestion so that users would not have to do a captcha on each login:

The forum would recall a user's IP address the last time the user successfully entered his/her password and the captcha when he or she logged in last. For future logins, if the IP address matches, then the captcha would not be required. If the IP address is different, then the captcha would be required, and upon succesful entry of a password and captcha, the new IP address would be kept for comparison of future login attempts.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    A similar method is already implemented.

It's called using cookies, and it works fine.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I thought my hangover was worse than first thought , dam Tuneup 2008 .

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    It's called using cookies, and it works fine.
    Actually I get logged out from this site frequently for some reason, so that's why I'm suggesting it.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    me too and happened with me frequently for no reason
    and my cookies is enabled yet i have to do this captcha thing every time i want to log in

For Serving Community

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Huh, if it asks me i just click the forum link and the cookie takes care of the rest.
    Now go away.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    so why do i have this problem then ?

For Serving Community