Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 500 Arrest Already Made?

I heard that a few days ago there were around 500 arrest done to Kazza users. For violating copyright laws. Is this true? Has any one else heard this? I know they can't possibly arrest every single person. However I think they might be trying to set an example.

what do you think?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Forum Star
    Not. True.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Forum Star
    RIAA does NOT arrest people. They are not cops.

They only forced some ISPs to give the NAMES of a few hundred people.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    At. All.

5. File Sharing   -   #5

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Realty

What exactly do you mean by bullshit? Meaning its not true? Also once they have the Ip's of people using p2p they can easily find them and arrest/ fine them cant they?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    No one's ever been arrested for using a p2p program. And after they get the IPs, then they have to bully the ISP into giving over the information associated with the IP. (Unless they own it, like AOL) Once they get that info, they can then send a letter to the person demanding megabucks.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    DasScoot

Or anyone else. Has that ever happened? They demand big bucks from someone? If not do you see it happening soon?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Sure, it happens all the time. Just not enough to give any single person a signifcant chance of being one of those people.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by powershot@25 July 2003 - 21:08
    What exactly do you mean by bullshit? Meaning its not true? Also once they have the Ip's of people using p2p they can easily find them and arrest/ fine them cant they?
    Can't ARREST anyone, this is a CIVIL matter and it remains to be seen what will come of it.
    Also I imagine if you don't live in the US, this may not have to much impact on you, though Australia and the UK seem to be just behind the US in these matters.

If you do live in the US, you MUST read
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=56114
    and follow through, to put an END to all this BullShit, thats REALITY.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast