Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some questions about rtorrent

fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Hi guys,
    I have some questions regarding rtorrent :
    - how to partially download a torrent. As I enter the torrent file name it just starts the download rightaway.

- how do I point the download torrent to different folder ? as I entered the torrent file it starts the download rightaway

- I use dtach to maintain the session even after I disconnect from the SSH session. But whenever I re-attach using dtach

-A
    , the keyboard mapping goes wrong, like the up button become key 'a', the right button become key 'r', how do I remap the keyboard without closing the dtach session ?

thanks a lot

bump
    Last edited by fstokebanget; 01-03-2008 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    arbaal's Avatar Poster
    1. http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/wiki/R...lelistViewKeys

2. the easy way - just start rtorrent in that folder, the more complicated - use config file, i.e. http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/browse....rc?rev=latest

3. maybe it will be ok with screen instead of dtach

rtorrent has some nice documentation, i suggest you look around at the site :]

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by arbaal View Post
    1. http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/wiki/R...lelistViewKeys

2. the easy way - just start rtorrent in that folder, the more complicated - use config file, i.e. http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/browse....rc?rev=latest

3. maybe it will be ok with screen instead of dtach

rtorrent has some nice documentation, i suggest you look around at the site :]
    I know, I read the userguide, it says :
    return - Same as backspace, except the torrent remains inactive. (Use ^s to activate)
    but when I entered the torrent file name and hit return, it starts the download rightaway

^O - Set new download directory for selected torrent. Only works if torrent has not yet been activated.
    when do I hit ^O ? is it after I entered the torrent file name instead of the enter key ?
    I mean like utorrent, before starting a new download, it always ask for the destination folder and which files to download, can I do the same in rtorrent ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    arbaal's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fstokebanget View Post
    I know, I read the userguide, it says :
    return - Same as backspace, except the torrent remains inactive. (Use ^s to activate)
    but when I entered the torrent file name and hit return, it starts the download rightaway
    that's strange, u used plain 'rtorrent' command? not using any conf file? i remember torrent remained inactive everytime i added one o_O

^O - Set new download directory for selected torrent. Only works if torrent has not yet been activated.
    when do I hit ^O ? is it after I entered the torrent file name instead of the enter key ?
    after you've entered.

I mean like utorrent, before starting a new download, it always ask for the destination folder and which files to download, can I do the same in rtorrent ?
    If you write script that can do that Otherwise u can either use ^O or set one destination in config file.
    Last edited by arbaal; 01-03-2008 at 08:01 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I loaded rtorrent with .rtorrent.rc default config found on google, as soon as I hit the enter button after entered the torrent file name, the torrent just starts rightaway, any ideas how to make this not to start automatically ?

and if I try to hit ^O after the torrent starting it just can't allowed me to select new folder

could you share that script to me ? and I want also to set a partial download without written the files to the disk first like utorrent does

about the dtach, don't use it anymore, I'm using screen and has no problem now

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I loaded rtorrent with .rtorrent.rc default config found on google, as soon as I hit the enter button after entered the torrent file name, the torrent just starts rightaway, any ideas how to make this not to start automatically ?
    bump ...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    arbaal's Avatar Poster
    could you show that config file?

and if I try to hit ^O after the torrent starting it just can't allowed me to select new folder
    it's probably becouse it was started and have a destination folder already, you have to fix (disable) auto starting of a torrent.

could you share that script to me ?
    i don't have such script. I told you that it was possible with a script, never mentioned i have it. Also "" is there for reason :]

and I want also to set a partial download without written the files to the disk first like utorrent does
    afair rtorrent put all file in folder but at the beginning they're 0kb, so the files you disable won't be downloaded. You can also try disable files before first start of a torrent, that should avoid creating them in destination folder (prevent auto starting is the key to all your troubles =])

about the dtach, don't use it anymore, I'm using screen and has no problem now
    happy to hear that.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Screen and rtorrent = win

Can't go wrong with that

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    hi, arbaal, thanks for your reply

could you show that config file?
    this is my .rtorrent.rc
    # Maximum and minimum number of peers to connect to per torrent.
    min_peers = 40
    max_peers = 100

# Same as above but for seeding completed torrents (-1 = same as downloading)
    #min_peers_seed = 10
    #max_peers_seed = 75

# Maximum number of simultanious uploads per torrent.
    max_uploads = 25

# Global upload and download rate in KiB. "0" for unlimited.
    download_rate = 0
    upload_rate = 0

# Default directory to save the downloaded torrents.

directory = ./torrents

# Default session directory. Make sure you don't run multiple instance
    # of rtorrent using the same session directory. Perhaps using a
    # relative path?
    session = ./session

# Watch a directory for new torrents, and stop those that have been
    # deleted.
    # schedule = watch_directory,5,5,load_start=/torrent/drop_zone/*.torrent
    #schedule = untied_directory,5,5,stop_untied=

# Close torrents when diskspace is low.
    # schedule = low_diskspace,5,60,close_low_diskspace=100M

# Stop torrents when reaching upload ratio in percent,
    # when also reaching total upload in bytes, or when
    # reaching final upload ratio in percent.
    # example: stop at ratio 2.0 with at least 200 MB uploaded, or else ratio 20.0
    #schedule = ratio,60,60,stop_on_ratio=200,200M,2000

# The ip address reported to the tracker.
    #ip = 85.8.2.52
    #ip = rakshasa.no

# The ip address the listening socket and outgoing connections is
    # bound to.
    #bind = 192.168.1.3
    #bind = rakshasa.no

# Port range to use for listening.
    port_range = 58334-58334

# Start opening ports at a random position within the port range.
    port_random = no

# Check hash for finished torrents. Might be usefull until the bug is
    # fixed that causes lack of diskspace not to be properly reported.
    #check_hash = no

# Set whetever the client should try to connect to UDP trackers.
    #use_udp_trackers = yes

# Alternative calls to bind and ip that should handle dynamic ip's.
    #schedule = ip_tick,0,1800,ip=rakshasa
    #schedule = bind_tick,0,1800,bind=rakshasa

# Encryption options, set to none (default) or any combination of the following:
    # allow_incoming, try_outgoing, require, require_RC4, enable_retry, prefer_plaintext
    #
    # The example value allows incoming encrypted connections, starts unencrypted
    # outgoing connections but retries with encryption if they fail, preferring
    # plaintext to RC4 encryption after the encrypted handshake
    #
    # encryption = allow_incoming,enable_retry,prefer_plaintext

#
    # Do not modify the following parameters unless you know what you're doing.
    #

# Hash read-ahead controls how many MB to request the kernel to read
    # ahead. If the value is too low the disk may not be fully utilized,
    # while if too high the kernel might not be able to keep the read
    # pages in memory thus end up trashing.
    #hash_read_ahead = 10

# Interval between attempts to check the hash, in milliseconds.
    #hash_interval = 100

# Number of attempts to check the hash while using the mincore status,
    # before forcing. Overworked systems might need lower values to get a
    # decent hash checking rate.
    #hash_max_tries = 10

# Max number of files to keep open simultaniously.
    #max_open_files = 128

# Number of sockets to simultaneously keep open.
    #max_open_sockets = <no default>

# Example of scheduling commands: Switch between two ip's every 5
    # seconds.
    #schedule = "ip_tick1,5,10,ip=torretta"
    #schedule = "ip_tick2,10,10,ip=lampedusa"

# Remove a scheduled event.
    #schedule_remove = "ip_tick1"

# max mem usage
    # max_memory_usage = 268435456
    max_memory_usage = 768000000

# When the torrent finishes, it executes "mv -n <base_path> ./share/torrents/"
    # and then sets the destination directory to "./share/torrents/finished". (0.7.7+)
    # on_finished = move_complete,"execute=mv,-u,$d.get_base_path=,./torrents/ ;d.set_directory=./torrents/finished/"
    it's probably becouse it was started and have a destination folder already, you have to fix (disable) auto starting of a torrent.
    so, how do I disable the auto starting of a new torrent ?

i don't have such script. I told you that it was possible with a script, never mentioned i have it. Also "" is there for reason :]

afair rtorrent put all file in folder but at the beginning they're 0kb, so the files you disable won't be downloaded. You can also try disable files before first start of a torrent, that should avoid creating them in destination folder (prevent auto starting is the key to all your troubles =])
    I really need to know how to disable it then

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    bump ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast