Thread: does VLC support full hd

Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    if i download a full hd film, and i want to connect it to my lcd (which supports full hd) what eqipment wud i need to play the download movie stored on my pc onto my tv without putting on to any type of discs?
    i am looking for replys in what cables i wud to connect my pc to my lcd, and i am looking for what media players support full hd, in particular does vlc support full hd.
    thanks for any comments.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Yes VLC will play HD, though i've found that it stutters because it's very hardware-demanding and media player will play it fine (720p, not 1080p ).
    With good hardware either one should play it fine.

To see the computer in HD on your lcd you will need either component (if your video card supports it) or DVI or VGA (if your tv supports them).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Yes but not perfectly but near it. You need computer hardware with all the correct components (mostly the correct graphics and Tv tuner card) so you get the correct outputs DVI, HDMI.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Media Player Classic with the right decoders should be faster and better than VLC....

As far as streaming the media to your TV, you would need either to connect the TV directly to the PC like grimms said, or you can use some sort of capable playback device. I use my Xbox360 connected over my home network, streaming media from my PC using TVersity.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Media Player Classic rules!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    vinhkhang01's Avatar XP BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    What codecs or decoders to be used with MPC.
    It will be great if you can provide links to them, tks.

Quote Originally Posted by thearrow View Post
    Media Player Classic with the right decoders should be faster and better than VLC....

As far as streaming the media to your TV, you would need either to connect the TV directly to the PC like grimms said, or you can use some sort of capable playback device. I use my Xbox360 connected over my home network, streaming media from my PC using TVersity.
    *** I Love Sharing & Helping Other People ***

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I believe the preferred codec is CoreAVC, which is shareware. But who here pays for warez anyway. So yeah get the latest version you can find and play the video using MPC.
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    gan.nez's Avatar ~~tHa mAn~~ BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by thearrow View Post

jepp; would also take wmpc; it's faster and a bit better!!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by limpdickkid View Post
    I believe the preferred codec is CoreAVC, which is shareware. But who here pays for warez anyway. So yeah get the latest version you can find and play the video using MPC.
    Indeed.

http://www.coreavc.com/

$8/$15 ........ or I'm sure you could find it other places....