Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speeds In Shareaza.

Ok what is up with the speeds in shareaza. It says i'm uploading to one person at 40 kb/s. and another a 80 kb/s. My max upload is 15k. Thats impossible. I'm using the lastest beta so is that the problem. That it's a beta. I was just downloading a 2 meg song and it was going at 40k and it said it would take 20 minutes. Ok what is up with this speed measurements.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by dmorgan89@26 July 2003 - 23:26
    Ok what is up with the speeds in shareaza. It says i'm uploading to one person at 40 kb/s. and another a 80 kb/s. My max upload is 15k. Thats impossible. I'm using the lastest beta so is that the problem. That it's a beta. I was just downloading a 2 meg song and it was going at 40k and it said it would take 20 minutes. Ok what is up with this speed measurements.
    speeds in shareaza are kilobits/sec (kb/sec)
    speed of your upload is 15 kilobytes/sec (k/sec)
    your connection is therefore (15*8) 120kb/sec

this can be a little confusing...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    umm yes very confusing. a little more detail. I have dsl and i download about 135 to 140 kilobyes a second and i upload about 15 to 17 kilobytes a second max.

oh hmm i see. the speeds in shareaza are measure in kilobits and not kilobytes? I&#39;ve never heard of kilobites. I thought it was bytes, kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes, terabytes, petabytes.... What is a bit? I thought bits is what is being processed like by a processor.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by dmorgan89@27 July 2003 - 01:48
    What is a bit? I thought bits is what is being processed like by a processor.
    1 byte = 8 bits
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Tools - Shareaza settings - General - show rates in KB/s
    Problem solved.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    yeah i found that out as soon as i found out that the kb that it was telling me wasn&#39;t kilobytes and was kilobites. I figured they had an option to change that. thanks for your help.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+27 July 2003 - 01:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 27 July 2003 - 01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dmorgan89@27 July 2003 - 01:48
    What is a bit?&nbsp; I thought bits is what is being processed like by a processor.
    1 byte = 8 bits [/b][/quote]
    BInary digiT.

A measure of 1 or 0. On of Off, Open or Closed etc.

It denotes one of two possible states.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    There Is An Option to choose whatr Speeds Are Displayed In In Shareazas Options I Think

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    i no when i 1st used shareza i thought it was wicked becuase i was downloading at 200kb so i thought. changed the settings and it was back to about 20-30k

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    i was so confused i was like wtf i don&#39;t upload no 80kb/s. Hmm i guess i need to read up a little bit more on binary digits. I thought it had to be 7 numbers. I guess thats just with machine code.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast