Thread: US Pirate Party Endorses Barack Obama

Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    The US Pirate Party has no candidate for the upcoming elections, but who do the pirates vote for? Barack Obama, and the party strongly urges all its members to support his campaign, and vote for him in the primaries, and later this year in November.

Andrew Norton, a spokesperson of the US Pirate Party told TorrentFreak: “We believe in democracy, and progress. Since we are not putting forward a candidate of our own, we stand solidly behind Mr. Obama, as he is the only candidate that seems to realize that personal privacy is a right, not a privilege, and believes that copyright is, as the constitution defines, for progress, rather than profit.”

A great example of this is the speech he gave at the at the Google campus where he said, “I will take a backseat to no one in my commitment to network neutrality.” He later told TechCrunch: “I will prevent network providers from discriminating in ways that limit the freedom of expression on the Internet.” So, no BitTorrent blocking if it was up to Obama, sorry Comcast.

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-party...-obama-080103/
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 01-04-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Removed title from post and added image.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Obama does take my vote, but what happened to Ron Paul? He is in every pirate's interest

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by broomhead View Post
    Obama does take my vote, but what happened to Ron Paul? He is in every pirate's interest
    With the way Ron Paul supporters use the Internet you would think that he's in favor of protecting it. In reality, he's against net neutrality. Ron Paul is against government interfere in just about anything, even if it would protect the Internet.

(this was taken from a pro-Ron Paul site)

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Well as long as there's no other bush, I'm good (sorry Broken :p)

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    He don't need your vote anyways. He proved that before.
    Last edited by Broken; 01-04-2008 at 04:44 PM.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Ugh........

It would be nice to have a president with a brain, for a change.......

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Oh, I didn't know that about Obama! That makes me like him even more