Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angry giveaway

Poster BT Rep: +5
    First of a little story...

For quite a while now I haven't really taken so much part in this community on fst, I have just red the posts to keep up with whats happening in the torrenting community. As I checked trough my bookmarks i realized that I have trackers I don't use anymore so I thought don't just give them away, as I don't trade anymore (it's just stupid), so I gave away a CZone acc with 250gb buffer...I felt nice. Then i saw this thread where eka was requesting a bitme invite, as I have (had) 10 invites I thought, why not help him out...BIG MISTAKE...

Later on in the evening I saw a similar thread requesting a bitme invite, and i thought "why not" and when I was about to invite him I noticed all my invites were gone...That guy, eka, had managed to get his account disabled in under one day...how the f#*k can you do that???
    So my new "life" with giveaways was short, I now officially won't ever give away an invite to random people...never. So thanks eka, for ruining it for 9 others that would have recieved an invite to bitme.

So what have I learned? Well, don't give invites to pl here on fst. Well, you probably gonna say "you should have requested some ratio proof", but I don't believe in them, even a 7 year old kid can fake ratio proofs...you don't have to be Einstein. And after all, it was bitme...a lvl 4 tracker, I can see why traders wanna cheat on some tracker, they get the acc, upload a huge load to get to PU so they get invites so they can trade them...but BitMe, I mean there isn't even a great demand for BitMe...
    And the reason for my certain giveawaying was that if I'm nice and do giveaways, maby somebody from scl would invite me there, as I would like to join that community...so a little request in the giveaway:

I would like a scl invite

Well, enough storytelling already, this have become long enough already...So I'm giving away a PT account with allmost 30gb buffer and one invite on the account to:

the person with the best argument on why I just should forget about the fact that I lost all my bitme invites and in the future still continue to make giveaways risking loosing my invites on other sites.

Thx for reading trough...
    Last edited by fuufen; 01-04-2008 at 09:58 AM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    ibi23's Avatar MuShRoOm BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Hi.
    First of all i agree with you that sometimes you want to be nice and help other people...But you have to be cautious,though.
    I think almost everyone of us here was having a problem similar to yours. Its a shame those kind of things happened.
    But on the other hand...its a big school for you. You must have learned something from that!?
    I wish you nicer moments in your torrent world and if i may i would please for PolishTracker.
    Thanx and good luck

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    rocky1234's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Nothing much to say...just that trust will always be there. In real life also ppl cheat but it doesn't mean that all are cheaters. If all think ur way then blv me u would urself have never got an account..

So forget the past and help ppl out....

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    welcome to the club mate,i also lost all my invites to bitme from my very first giveaway to the first member here,but i wasn't disabled,i still have my account
    you should continue to make giveaways,but be very carefull to who you choose to give invites,check their post history,try to find them on diferent trackers,and about ratio proofs,ask them a direct link to their profile on the trackers you have\and they say have an account .
    This is life,from time to time you get screwed

PS : i don't want the PT account
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Without good, original content, a tracker is nothing but a lonely teenage boy's chatroom.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    No offense but account giveaways are just as frowned upon as trading. So your chances off scl, have gone right down.

Someone invite me to fsc please

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    MODERATION BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoxro View Post
    you should continue to make giveaways,but be very carefull to who you choose to give invites,check their post history,try to find them on diferent trackers,and about ratio proofs,ask them a direct link to their profile on the trackers you have\and they say have an account .
    This is life,from time to time you get screwed
    +1. Impossible to explain better.

I'm sorry for your lost, that happends with fast giveaways or when the person you invite isn't knowed here, or trusty.Sadly there's a lot of those people around here this days.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Sorry to hear of what happened. You tried to be nice but got screwed over. But that's no reason to stop being active here.

You should forget all about it because.. it's just a tracker. You have a Bitme account and you should be thankful that a site like that does exist. Not only that, no one's going to give an invite to eka again. Thanks for taking the bullet and losing your invites, so no one else had to.

And it shouldn't happen again if you give invites to trustworthy people. Yeah a lot of people are new and still haven't gained enough respect or reputation, but if you choose to invite them, then it's a risk you're taking. Also you can ask for direct links to profiles, speedtests, utorrent stats; since ratio proofs can be faked.

You can't judge a society (FST) based on the actions of one individual (EKA)

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Is it Scl [ flower] , u are requesting the Forum or Scl.ro?

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post
    Is it Scl [ flower] , u are requesting the Forum or Scl.ro?
    It was the flower I was refering to...But as pandabear said earlier my chances seems gone by giving away accounts, witch i believe isn't that wrong, why can't you give it to somebody that will use it since I'm only taking up a slot in the userbase not using it...

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    I've been burned before. I invited some idiot to Oink who got banned within half a day. It sucks but you learn and get over it. Just be sure to check in depth to who you're dealing with especially if you value your account at the tracker.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast