Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet the First 2008 Windows XP Infection! - Damage potential - HIGH!

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    "Here we go again! If 2007 was a pretty busy year when it comes to computer infections, worms, Trojan horses and other types of threats, it seems like 2008 wants to become at least as dangerous as its predecessor. January 1st came with the first Trojan horse of the year as security vendor Trend Micro noted in the last hours of December 31st. TROJ_DLOADER.CP is that kind of infection targeting most Windows versions including 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP and even Server 2003. But what’s worse is that it has a HIGH damage potential which underlines the Trojan’s capability to destroy your data.

In case you’re wondering how you might get infected, the answer is quite simple: all you need to do is to visit a malicious website specially built to drop the infection on your computer. In addition, TROJ_DLOADER.CP may be deployed by another malware already installed on the system."

Source: Full Article @ Softpedia
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i didnt know you could get a virus by visiting a website. better go get nod32

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by AmpeD View Post
    i didnt know you could get a virus by visiting a website. better go get nod32
    I was thinking the same since my belief is that AV software is a waste.

Then again I use COMODO with Defense+ and I'm fairly certain it would catch any unauthorized process outside of IE.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    What i have never understood is how do people who are not part of much work wise but have guru knowledge of the windows system can code hack and the rest of it always have an advantage over microsoft.

Microsoft is a multi billion $ company and they have had 5 year's to make the system perfect and it is far from it with all that money and popularity there must be something his they are doing right but every day new virus and expliots are found so how can such a big company fail in security any operateing system microsoft have created should be perfect with so much money.

I've heard the term many time monkeys bashing away at the keyboard when it comes to microsoft if the made a perfect os there would be no need for any of this anti virus stuff it almost makes me feel as if they do it deliberately to make more money out of other softwares
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-02-2008 at 01:10 AM.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    sleepy the main problem is that there is no such thing as a perfect system, and it doesnt matter how much money you put into it, there will always be some "flexibility" wich can be used by the client, by good manner hackers, and bad manner ones.
    it's always a matter of balance, you can have it all secure, just don't use the computer
    but if you wanna use it and work/play with it, you can't use him without that "flexibility"

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Blackbeard's Avatar <3 rock BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Yes it can give it to you by going to websites, i went to a ad site and a box poped up and then my pc started crashing. :\

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    The price of flexibility is vulnerability...

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    piku20045's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    wowowwo its a bad starting of the year 2008 witha trojan its tooo bad
    IF i get btmusic invite i will leave trading.

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by jokzor View Post
    sleepy the main problem is that there is no such thing as a perfect system, and it doesnt matter how much money you put into it, there will always be some "flexibility" wich can be used by the client, by good manner hackers, and bad manner ones.
    it's always a matter of balance, you can have it all secure, just don't use the computer
    but if you wanna use it and work/play with it, you can't use him without that "flexibility"
    I would have no idea because all i know is how to use a computer not how it works so i can't argue with you i just tryed to use a little common sense thanks for pointing that out.

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    The only way an OS could be safe from any attack would be a system that is completely locked. When installed everything you need is there and the system is unchangeable. This would mean you could not install new apps, create documents, load applets.

Who would want this. You might as well have a typewriter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast