Thread: speed problem

I am having this problem where my upload is greatly affecting my download. When just uploading it stays above 80 consistently but when I download to get full speed(550ish) I have to be at around 10 and the more I let it go up the slower it gets and this happens no matter what the speed is I'm currently downloading at. heres some examples.

ex. at first the download will be going at 300 and upload at 20 but when I raise the upload to 60 it then will be at around 130.

ex. at first the download will be going at 80 and upload at 20 but when I raise the upload to 60 it then will be at around 50.

does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Limit your upload speed

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    If you're reaching your upload cap... it will pretty much crap out your entire connection and make it unusable for anything but your upload.

If 80k/sec is your max upload, set your torrent program to make your max upload 70k/sec. This should give you room on your download bandwith to maintain.

Also, I set utorrent to slow down my max upload speed to half of my max bandwith while I'm downloading. This ensures that my download isn't interfered, and once it's finished it will go back up to my max allowed upload speed.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    But should it be that drastic, if I set my upload to 70 then I would be slow compare to setting it at 10. My question is should it be like this.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Yes, it should

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    My home internet is the same. max download=2.4MB/s max upload=90KB/s i have to limit my upload to less than something like 30% to get a decent download speed, otherwise i lose alot of download speed and i mean alot like down to 300KB/s and i believe there i nothing we can do except limit the upload

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ok thanks for the replys