Thread: Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Can I integrate Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition into Norton SystemWorks Pro? So that when I use LiveUpdate it includes NAV CE instead of the displaced NAV Pro. That way I don't have to check seperately for updates to NAV CE. If so, how? TY.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    And is it worth it? Not money but my time. In other words is NAV CE that much better than NAV Pro? Oh yeah this a *bump* also. TY.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by zapjb@27 July 2003 - 02:18
    And is it worth it? Not money but my time. In other words is NAV CE that much better than NAV Pro? Oh yeah this a *bump* also. TY.
    when i had coprporate i was amazed how little it wanted to update

i went for 3 weeks without a new update being available

i think corp is probably only better than pro for businesses and coproprations (funny that )
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    There&#39;s really not much difference than Corporate and Retail, other than with Corporate you can install the
    server component and client, and the clients can be managed by the server component. I don&#39;t know about integrating it into SystemWorks, as I don&#39;t that app.
    The scanning engine for corporate is no different than the retail version, but NAV 2003 is a bit older than NAV
    Corporate 8.0

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Just a note:
    Remember that the corp versions do not scan email in outlook express, only outlook. However they will still detect any viruses during the realtime scan.

Edit:

To check if a message has been scanned

1 Right-click a message containing an attachment.
    2 Select Document Properties.
    3 Select the Fields tab.
    4 Scroll to find a field called Scan Time. If this field is present, the message was scanned at the time indicated

check to make sure that the scan time and the recieved time are the same.

Edit2: From symatec website:
    The Microsoft Exchange email scanner component of NAVCE does not officially support Outlook Express or POP3. However, email attachments are scanned when accessed, if NAVCE file system real-time protection is enabled.