Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: scc: what do you guys think

Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    SCC is an amassing tracker when it comes to pre times and releases.
    I would give its 0-day content a 8 out of 10
    And total 7-10 for their content. Their packs sucks, they had a little wile were they made some good packs but then they just stopped. And the packs you found there at x-mas was not really good. Just packs you could grab form just about any other tracker.
    Some more packs that the actually make them self, not just got form another site would be awesome.
    Forums are horrible, seems like no one is using them. Was at their irc in the beginning it showed promise. But then everyone started acting like asses and almost all dissuasions ended up in a pissing contest.

If you are only after fast 0-day torrents. This is an awesome spot to get them, but if you like to browse forums as chat a bit there are better homes.
    But the upladers there doing and superb job.
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    Well it may be a package to you, but too alot its just a place to download the latest tv shows and movies. And on that basis SCC rules. also you would think all you had to do is seed was pretty simple, but people still somehow pick up hit and runs :/
    If i just wanted torrents then I just ftp
    But I want a site that has it all
    Well you are the minority, most people just rss etc, and most don't have axx to ftp.

Someone invite me to fsc please

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertec View Post

If i just wanted torrents then I just ftp
    But I want a site that has it all
    Well you are the minority, most people just rss etc, and most don't have axx to ftp.
    if users like silvertec were just a minority then this site wouldnt exist lol

and you wouldnt have as many posts as you do.

If you want to download stuff, use newsgroups...its safe, its 10x faster then torrents

if you want community then you use torrents, because maintaining a ratio means you are giving back to the community...newsgroups dont require that and have way faster speeds and far more files

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    The speed is nice, but the torrents die quickly and it's hard to seed.
    In fact, I'd say it's the most difficult site to keep a good ratio on.
    They do have freeleech music/apps to help you build up your ratio, but I don't like downloading things I don't want to keep my ratio up.
    Also, I don't see as much of the content I see on other sites, no packs, sometimes they get things a lot later than other sites.
    Plus, although their layout is nice, they talked about a redesign months ago, even had a contest, and I saw good entries, yet the site is still the same.

Overall, I was disappointed because I hoped for good things when I signed up when they were lesser known. But, off the top of my head I can think of 9 other 0-days that are a lot better.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    One of my favorite. Very nice pretime, good content, amazing speed. Very lively, friendly Forum. But I guess those were already told here. SCC is a the tracker to beat in 2008!
    A malis vituperari laus est.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

if users like silvertec were just a minority then this site wouldnt exist lol

and you wouldnt have as many posts as you do.
    Look at any sites userbases, and compare with users active on forum/irc. Furthermore, check out the login times of some users. A true sentiment to number of users who rss, is during ddos period, where you got a large number of users putting there first vists to forum/irc just to find out about the rss.

Someone invite me to fsc please

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    BANNED BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    its very nice tracker with great content and pre time

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    pros
    - very good speeds
    - very very good pretimes on the rls they up

cons
    - they miss many rls
    - many staff members are very unfriendly and feel too much "superior" (do not ever try to discuss with a staffer on irc... they have the longer penises... live with that!)
    - too much fast pre on a tracker very simple to get into... security is not their main objective
    - they have way less peers compared to others tracker like ScT... even when there was similar userlimits... so way less activity on the torrents and harder to seedback just a few hours after a rls

take care posting in the forums or being active in the community... the less you partecipate less possibilities to be warned/disabled you have..

so in the end: it's a good site... signup, setup an rss on mp3/0day... and forget about it
    Last edited by yayyyyyy; 01-05-2008 at 10:21 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    SCC is not a great tracker to have IMO, which is why I asked for my account to be deleted.

If you are after Packs or DVDr then forget it!! SCC is mainly an xvid tracker.
    If you like your apps, Xvids, and scene release music then you'll be happy!

The content they do have are fast in pre-times and speed, but as above (yayyyyyy's post), they miss a lot of releases and lack in several areas!

You can not compare SCC to S*T, S*T are in a league of there own!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    FACE_TO_FACE's Avatar -- F*ck LEVELS -- BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    SCC its a 0day tracker. Fast, good looking. I like it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast