Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FTN : before and after the ratio system

this is a question for ftn members only

do you find the downloads speed less or equal to before the no ratio system was implemented ?

just curious

i know if such a system was implemented in a site like TL , it would have been a complete disaster .

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post

do you find the downloads speed less or equal to before the no ratio system was implemented ?

just curious

i know if such a system was implemented in a site like TL , it would have been a complete disaster .
    While I never had an account before the change, I will say that my seedbox is often max/near-maxed out on whatever torrent I download (100/100). Furthermore, I find that I can seed better there than at other sites even if I don't jump on the torrent in the first 10 seconds.

I think it works quite nicely.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by fsephie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post

just curious

While I never had an account before the change, I will say that my seedbox is often max/near-maxed out on whatever torrent I download (100/100). Furthermore, I find that I can seed better there than at other sites even if I don't jump on the torrent in the first 10 seconds.

I think it works quite nicely.
    ah great

so what about old torrents , those 2 week+ torrents ?

do you get nice speeds for that too ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Yeah, no problem with older torrents. The new system works great! More traffic = more seeders.
    Time is more than money

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    The speed have gone down some. But i only notice it on my box. But then again, its become easier to seed. It used to be close to impossible to seed there. Noone was getting anything except the freeleech packs.
    So it was a grate move by staff to go for no ratio.
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Well more leechers = less speed when your download i suppose, if you grab early, but if you grab late you iwll get maxed out But on a personal scale, and lurking thru the peers list, i would say speeds have gone down a bit, but seriously downloading at 4 or 5MBps is great enough

Someone invite me to fsc please

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Although the speed quite possibly went down, it couldn't be a substantial change.

I mean, I used to have a connection that when maxed out it would take me over 24 hours to download a DVD.
    Does the difference between downloading a file in 40 seconds or 60 seconds with a seedbox really make that much of a difference??
    The new ratio system makes it easier for people who DON'T have seedboxes be able to download, which I think is a more positive effect than seedboxes users always getting their max speed.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    so the speed has only slightly gone down even on old torrents ? correct ?

even when the members only had to seed for some required hours (72 hours ? ) . they still seed stuff , which is just great .

i guess its a result of the great community they build up

ps: i am not a member so stop pm'ing for FTN invites

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    the speed on older torrents has always been slow(er). The reason for this is that people seed older torrents on their home connections while newer torrents go on the seedbox. I think the ratio system has made old torrents a tad bit faster because more people are willing to d/l them, fully knowing that they will not be able to seed it one to one.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    ...but seriously downloading at 4 or 5MBps is great enough
    Maxs me out at 2.2MB/s time after time. I couldn't ask for more. Torrents stay seeded for quite a while w/o ratios. Avg seed time is also reviewed when asking for invites...
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast