Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do Sysops care?

no,they don't care..and it's perfect this way
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Without good, original content, a tracker is nothing but a lonely teenage boy's chatroom.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    wat sysop's really care abt is the giveways and trades made by their members when its against the rules of the tracker.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I don't really care about that!
    My point is...I do my best for my users! Not because of any lists or tops! But it's just my opinion!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by DjDjazzer View Post
    I don't really care about that!
    My point is...I do my best for my users! Not because of any lists or tops! But it's just my opinion!

That's refreshing to hear..... really, it is.... perhaps i'm just being judgemental....

not a member there.. but, it's good to know your one of the good guys..
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by itrader View Post
    Hello everyone.I've had this burning question for a while now so i thought i'd ask.

Do sysops of torrents sites care about what "tracker level" their site belongs to? Do they also formulate their invite system based on the level of their site?
    For example, would a sysop of ftn or e**** make it harder to get invites for their site just because their site is a level 9 or a 10?

Post your thoughts,ty.
    i think they care about quality and content ratings. they are probably interested what people think about their tracker from an external view.

reviews of their own tracker might grab their attention.

when you ask for opinions on a tracker forum people might not be 100% honest or a little shy when it comes to criticism.

tracker independent forums like fst give the opportunity to speak frankly about innumerable aspects from the user point of view.

that doesn't mean that constructive feedback is not allowed on your tracker.
    it depends how open minded the sysop/staff is.

many site forums even have sections where you can criticize even though i don't think that someone would excoriate a tracker there.

what sysops are most definitely not interested in is the wiaw thread.

invites are given out on their decision wether the sites needs more members or not.

the wiaw thread is a reaction on those decisions and not vice versa

the rarity rankings are made by traders for traders and trading violates the tracker rules.

i would not exclude that some newer tracker sysops keep an eye on the rankings from time to time if they need more members.

but sysops from established trackers? no way.

of course those are only my presumptions. i'm not a sysop in the first place.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Cruel's Avatar I'm steak! BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Why should people even speculate and if some SYSOP actually did and he would answer the thread of course he would not confess this

But since this is for speculating maybe 98% do NOT care.
    Presenting your royal highness, our illustrious King Cruel the XIII, self-proclaimed lord of the lemurs, et cetera, et cetera, hooray, everybody.
    Four months and I'm living your dream.
    Silly Rabbit Dreams Are For Kids

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    shutdk's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    No trackers care about which level they are. They care about their security and that's why they don't want their name posted in public which is fairy nuff. So people. Stop saying that trackers are closing their invites systems because they want to be a 1337 level 10, 11 12 or what so ever tracker. It's not a game getting those trackers.
    That's just something >some< FST users made it. Trackers will find you if you deserve them. Period!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    arbaal's Avatar Poster
    I always thought sysops care only for beer, chicks and excuses

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Well I am not a sysop so I dont know what is going on in their minds

I think what I would look to build on is more towards the improvement of the content of the site and a welcoming community. Once these two things have been established, the tracker can only get better. Feedback from the users of the site should be considered as its the peer's positive/negative comments about a site that one appreciates the most and pays the most attention to I suppose. As for the invites, it really depends on how big the site is already and it may also have to do with security.

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    angryghost's Avatar Get In Ma BELLY! BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Trackers that actually aim to just shoot the rankings usually fail because they do not have an established community in the site, and also no respectable uploader would go help a site with such stupid intentions. As Squirr3l said no "good" tracker would worrying about their level.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast