Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: January Transfer Window Gossip and Stuff

Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    Good goal, looks a decent player in the limited time he had.
    He would do.
    It's the small fish in a puddle syndrome.
    Absolutely, like you said he's good enough to shine in the SPL but that's damned by faint praise.

To be fair tho' if you look outside of the(normal)top 4 in England there's not a lot to see and they're only being propped up by TV money. Most of them don't have a look in compared to the Hoops when it comes to stadium size, average crowd, season ticket sales, worldwide appeal etc.
    Last edited by Mr JP Fugley; 02-03-2008 at 07:40 PM.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

2. Lounge   -   #72
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    There are some quality players outside the top 4 in the prem..

Tottenham, Man City, Spurs, Blackburn, Everton, Newcastle Portsmouth all have a couple of quality players.
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #73
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    There are some quality players outside the top 4 in the prem..

Tottenham, Man City, Spurs, Blackburn, Everton, Newcastle Portsmouth all have a couple of quality players.
    Sorry didn't explain myself very well. It's more the clubs / teams I meant rather than the individual players. Obviously with the money available for transfers and wages they can attract some of the best in the World.

4. Lounge   -   #74
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    He would do.
    It's the small fish in a puddle syndrome.
    Absolutely, like you said he's good enough to shine in the SPL but that's damned by faint praise.

To be fair tho' if you look outside of the(normal)top 4 in England there's not a lot to see and they're only being propped up by TV money. Most of them don't have a look in compared to the Hoops when it comes to stadium size, average crowd, season ticket sales, worldwide appeal etc.
    Feck, that's gotta be the slowest burning rod dans l'histoire. You've been doggedly avoiding the bite for nigh on three years

One can't fail but to admire the two Glasgow teams (unless one supports one or t'other) for their results in the Champions League this season given the level of opposition they face week in week out - which is poor.
    The way in which they're financially structured is probably better than anything save, possibly, Arsenal in the English Premier league.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #75
    Actually the huns are, or at least were a financial mess. They are now basically David Murray. He had to do a new share issue recently. Looking to raise £55M. Eventually he had to put up £50M of it himself. They were about £70M in debt before that.

That's why they were so desperate to get the money for Hutton.

T'Hoops on the other hand have just built their new training ground which was paid for out of profits. They budget without allowing for champs league money so any they get is a big bonus.

6. Lounge   -   #76
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I didn't think it was like that at Ibrox, I read a series of articles in the autumn specifically about how they (Celtic and Rangers) were structured and it seemed as if all was rosy. By Chick Young, if I recall - he's normally pretty good.

Hutton was awesome against United yesterday, btw. I only saw the highlights but he seems to be a fine player.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Lounge   -   #77
    As discussed, really good going forward and I think he will get better with EPL competition and coaching. Probly help our National team that will.

I'm ignoring the Chick Hun effort btw.

8. Lounge   -   #78
    manker's Avatar effendi

The articles weren't by him, I don't remember who they were by. I was linked to them from a discussion much like this one but on a different internet.

9. Lounge   -   #79
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Celtic in

Hinkel

Mizuno
    Robson

Hutchinson
    Samaras

Boruc signs new contract.

Celtic out

Jarosic
    Magic

Neither of whom could get a game anyway.

Nice bit of business on the playing front.

huns in

Dailly
    Davis

huns out

Carroll
    Hutton
    Ehiogu
    Cousin (possible)

So they've got rid of their current top scorer and their best player and brought in Christian Dailly and some Fulham reject.

10. Lounge   -   #80
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Ehiogu was the best the huns had to offer.
    Now go away.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678