Thread: usenetserver.com offline?

warp1g
    I cannot resolve any of their hostnames - anyone else having similar trouble with usenetserver.com?

-wP!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Hi Warp1g, I'm on and using right now, no problems...

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Having some trouble now actually.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    UNS having problems (again). How surprising.
    Leaving them was one of the best moves I have made recently.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    UNS having problems (again). How surprising.
    Leaving them was one of the best moves I have made recently.
    Going back to them was one of the worst moves I've made recently. When I open Newsleecher to start downloading, I am unable to connect for several minutes (sometimes up to 10 minutes). Still, for a man on a budget it sure is hard to beat $13.32 a month for unlimited.

How I did enjoy Giganews while I tried it over the last two months. Too expensive though. If Usenetserver keeps this horrible service up though I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay a bit more for something else. Damn them.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    You could always go with newshosting although they do not provide as much retention time ... I switched from newshosting to usenetserver and then back. When the month I payed for ended I was so happy.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by fugazi26 View Post
    You could always go with newshosting although they do not provide as much retention time ... I switched from newshosting to usenetserver and then back. When the month I payed for ended I was so happy.
    I am thinking of switching from usenetserver to newshosting
    how do you like newshosting performance so far?
    Hope they don't have the same connection problems?

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    So far with newshosting I have never had a problem. It has always maxed out my connection.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I don't know where you're located but why don't you guys with a tight budget try out hitnews.eu? Unlimited access for less than 10$ per month is a good deal and a good friend of mine who's a customer there can max out his 15mbit connection at work (located in Germany) with the service. The only drawback seems to be the short retention time - while they advertise 100 days, in truth only the past 60 days are available.