142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Foobar

64 45.07%
  • Winamp

81 57.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: foobar vs winamp

I have been using winamp for few years now. I guess I should give footbar a try, when i get some free time...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    svr's Avatar Ultimata Warrior BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I recently switched from winamp to foobar and I must say I dont think Im going back anytime soon. It took about 5 seconds to start winamp, even with classic skin and I stripped all of the useless plugins which was all of the plugins. Foobar on the other hand starts up in about a second and can be customized a lot if you want to.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I used foobar for a long time and I really like it... But I had to constantly fix my configuration and had some oter minor problems and got bored of it! Now, I just love Winamp!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    nkhlsrf's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    looks like winamps winning the race..lolz...
    even with added configs n stuff it hardly takes anytime to open up....
    u can find some cool configs for foobar at deviantart.com and hydrogenaudio.com

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    svr's Avatar Ultimata Warrior BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by nkhlsrf View Post
    looks like winamps winning the race..lolz...
    even with added configs n stuff it hardly takes anytime to open up....
    u can find some cool configs for foobar at deviantart.com and hydrogenaudio.com
    Yeah it's great how you cant tons of plugins to foobar and it still opens up as fast as without them. Cant say same for winamp.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    got milk BT Rep: +2
    Trying foobar now, will update on how it performs later.

Edit: Pretty decent player, default skin looks cheapo, doesn't have mini mode which I love about winamp. Foobar is OK, but I've been using winamp for ages, going to take a good player to get me away.
    Last edited by mrbombastic; 01-15-2008 at 05:29 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    ZeroUP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    foobar2000 forever

ScT RIP

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Poster
    I voted for winamp. I tried foobar like a year ago, but the thing is too complex..all the plugins, the customizing options, preferences...etc. I just want a Audio player I'm sure it's a cool app..but I'm not giving up my winamp 3 for anything atm

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    If you only want audio player, then isnt basic foobar good? I use the basic layout with album list and its great. I dont really use album art plugins or something that slows it down. Keep it fast and clean.

If you want skin with very nice eyecandy then check out the FofR link below. It provides DL links to plugins and tells you if you're missing something. Very easy to install.

http://www.fooblog2000.com/2007-06/fofr-version-09

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by svr View Post
    If you only want audio player, then isnt basic foobar good? I use the basic layout with album list and its great. I dont really use album art plugins or something that slows it down. Keep it fast and clean.

If you want skin with very nice eyecandy then check out the FofR link below. It provides DL links to plugins and tells you if you're missing something. Very easy to install.

http://www.fooblog2000.com/2007-06/fofr-version-09
    Thanks for the link, i might check it out I'm open to suggestions any time

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast