Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats The Best Download Manager?

Am currentyly looking for a download manager, wondered if u lot had any opinions /advice on the matter...

go!zilla

Flashget

Nitro

getright

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Any problem with Opera? I use it any time I do a large http or ftp download. Hasn't failed me yet.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I posted something like this before.
    People giving opinions on the best download managers. Maybe you should do a search.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I'd recommend FlashGet - A few of the most popular Download Managers (e.g. GoZilla) are known to have little download acceleration as they say but have a lot of spyware & adware in them ("Download Accelerator" is known to have over 30 types in its build)

FlashGet, though, is the best - It has one ad banner in the free version, but a quick serial can change that Not sure about accelerating (it's supposed to log onto a server multiple times and d/l different parts at a time), but I like it as a D/L Manager

Just remember - When some sites tell you to disable download managers before d/ling, just switch the simultaneous jets to 1

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I posted something like this before.
    i did a search didint find anything, i shal try again tho

Just remember - When some sites tell you to disable download managers before d/ling, just switch the simultaneous jets to 1 
    can u digress please am not sure on this ftp stuff yet.......all the downloads i do are off kazaa, soulseek or some other p2p!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    A download manager won't help you with File Share programs. They aren't setup for it at all.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i personaly prefere flashget, its easy to use and downloads all files to C:\Downloads

file management programs can only be used for websites, not for p2p programs i.e. kazaa.

i use flashget to take .swf files off sites and mp3 files with ease.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    FlashGet is good.
    Last edited by Ninjastyle; 10-11-2006 at 05:32 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Illuminati@27 July 2003 - 11:48
    I'd recommend FlashGet - A few of the most popular Download Managers (e.g. GoZilla) are known to have little download acceleration as they say but have a lot of spyware & adware in them ("Download Accelerator" is known to have over 30 types in its build)

I didn't realize it was over 30! I have used DAP for about 10 months now, but like I say, use Spybot to blitz the adware.

Good advice about the JETS - I never knew that. Thanks.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    CNet Review - Four Download Managers (First article on the search list, under 'Best Bets&#39

I wish I could say I still trust CNet - But considering that they this goddamn thing where every article I try to read ends up blank except an arrow character unless I turn off my firewall completely, I've gone off them now for ZDnet.

But IMO if CNet can find them, then the managers must be appalling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast