Thread: Rep point always to be visible!

NOLF's Avatar Love You Josefine! BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Hi guys

I have an idea which I have thought about a lot.

I like to read peoples rep points, but it seems that some people has disabled the public view of rep points.

What if it wasn't possible to disable the rep point view, but instead leave a comment to rep point you got?

Please post your comments on this issue!

Kind regards
    NOLF

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    The members that dont want them should be able to have them not show.
    Since that feature is available to them it will remain that way...

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    What if it wasn't possible to disable the rep point view, but instead leave a comment to rep point you got?
    What would the point in that be?

Most members (like me) don't care anything about rep points and would rather have them not show. As Reality mentioned, it's an option and seeing as there is no adverse effect on the forum I see no reason to remove it.
    Last edited by Skizo; 01-07-2008 at 09:40 AM.

yo

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    NOLF's Avatar Love You Josefine! BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Fair enough.

In some way, people who don't want them to be shown, in my opinion have something to hide. Maybe I'm wrong?
    Or maybe it's possible for the rep points only to be permanently visible i ex. "Bittorrent Invites" section?

But we must respect all people
    Last edited by NOLF; 01-07-2008 at 09:31 AM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Rep points only mean something to bittorrent invites sharers. They are not relevent to the rest of the people on the forum.

If you see someone in the BT section who chooses not to show their reputation, feel free to treat theirs as a big fat zero

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    I think I'll do that in the future

Thank's for replying

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I like to keep mine hidden to show my stance on trading and public mass giveaway to the first person who posts. If I give someone an invite I usually don't even post about it and rather do it through PM.

The worst thing is people that include in giveaways "Remember to rep me" or the likes.

Since the only way to get a rep here is to give or trade invites, I will be keeping my few, unasked for, rep points hidden.

If on the other hand rep could be given to people just for making a quality informative post, then I would have no problem with them showing.

P.S. What you see rep points as is up to you. If you choose to think people with no rep don't ever help out, then that is your choice.
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 01-09-2008 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Yes. There is an outside to the invites section.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..