Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What do the Scene Want?

Quote Originally Posted by poffin View Post
    @FatBob, read my post on page 1. I also think they're kinda stupid doing this to admins of P2P trackers. But then again you should respect them for their releases since otherwise we won't have such a big torrent database right now.

we all respect the scene .

but what more can do to "respect" them ? stop distributing those releases to p2p ?

maybe we can unpack those .rar file , rename the .avi with whatever we want and release it like a non scene stuff

imagine , those exclusive scene content if not distributed in p2p and was not accesable to average users , it could have become an expensive commodity on the internet and few people (bad sceners )who had access to the scene could actually sell their releases !

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    I think the uploaders are the problem, not the scene.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    I donīt think they could that easily sell those items. Since thatīs most strictly illegal, but also P2P copyright material downloading is ofcourse illegal but then again they since there are so many people downloading copyrighted material itīs not easy to track everyone and send them to jail etc. But if "bad sceners" were to sell these scene releases which are originally copyrighted items they would be very easy to track down and they can expect a long/expensive punishment. So I don't think they would be actually so stupid to do that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    one more thing .

are those scene guys worried about the usenet too ?

usenet is making money out of the scene releases not the private bittorrent sites .

so i guess we can expect a Giganews.admin.assraped.cellkill soon ?
    Last edited by FatBob; 01-07-2008 at 03:49 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i think it's just a logical thing that scene wants to take down 0-day trackers who keep releasing scene stuff without authorization

0-day trackers are putting at risk scene groups. You must understand that these individuals would face major criminal charges if they were taken down, not even comparable with charges a tracker owner would face. Not the same league at all

So, i'm kinda laughing at the anti-trader wave who claims to respect tracker rules by not trading invite/account because of the security risk and attention it brings to them

You gotta realize that 0-day trackers are breaking themselves breaking the scene rules while traders are breaking the tracker rules

everyone is breaking the rules one way or another in the warez community, there ain't no saints anywhere in this whole thing, we all obtain copyrighted material for free!

however, i don't agree at all with what happened to brandon btw, i think no one should have his personnal info shown like this.

FTN is not a major threat for the scene directly imo, just like other small 0-day closed communities, so i don't understand why it was targeted specially, maybe because ftn are one of the major entry point of 0-day stuff, which is propagated to bigger trackers after...
    Last edited by KFlint; 01-07-2008 at 04:07 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    they were targeting uploaders... but lately going against site owners

A.BiG.NOTE.ABOUT.SWEBiTS.UPLOADERS.FUN.READING-WEHATEP2P
    A.Few.Leaks.From.SWEBiTS.org-LaF
    S**********.org.Uploader.Leaking.Releases.To.Tracker.Fast.After.Pre.READNFO-SCENENOTiCE
    FOLLOWUP_on_The.Owner.Of.SWEBiTS.BUSTED_sEbook.runs.a.torrentsite-NOTICE1
    Swebits.Torrentsite.Huge.Leak.nex.aka.henriksthlm.Screenshots.READNFO-iND
    Another.Swetard.p2p.er.EVERYBODY.READ.THAT.MEANS.YOU.P2P.USER-SweCleanupSummer2k7
    BlueBox.Still.A.Fast.Uploader.On.Swebits-SCENECOP
    Stupid.Fools.On.Swebits-SLOWHEAD

this was just another attack like all the others in the past... dunno why such a thread should appear now... only becouse Brandon was very active here? or becouse he was staff on a tracker with a lot of packs "not allowed to reupload" elsewhere?

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    it wasnt realy made beause of what happened to brandon or ST for that matter. it was just a general ? that has been brewing for awhile and thought i would ask it here.

My main ? hasnt realy been answered though.

3 options

A: Scene releases never get past the scene (will never happen and if it does B and C below are a mute point,but lets say it will never happen)

that leaves

B: Uploader uploads them as is. Name, Rars, Nfo, so they get the respect and the name in lights, but they also get the risk as well.

C: Uploader unrars, rerars, makes new Nfo, etc etc, No name of the Scene at all. Scene are safe, but they dont get recognition ans they dont get name in lights.

just wondering which one they would prefer.

also off on another tangent, surely these pre db sites are giving unwanted publicity to the scene. not going to mention any but they are widespread, and they are http based as well. if you want anominity you have bots in IRC and IRC only for your own group. Not ones that are on the WWW i would have thought.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    1.)

what some of you don't realise is, that the scene has been there since the late 1970s.

they share knowledge and warez for 30 years.

there are people in the scene who are 50-60 years old.

p2p is a very young form of distribution and at the same time the most insecure one.

don't demand anything from the scene when you are on the bottom end of the food chain.

everyone of us should be happy, that we have the privilege to enjoy those releases and warez, because they are the ones who paid for it.

2.)

the reason why the scene doesn't want its releases to be spread via p2p is security - and only security.

if a topsite is taken down, people will go to jail, no matter what. that's why those topsites are fortresses compared to your average bittorrent tracker.

the authorities want to catch the big fishes, the people who create the releases and spread them in the first place.

a siteop or a member of a release group lives a far more dangerous life than any bt-tracker sysop.

they actually host and created the files that bt sites index and that's a totally different legal aspect.

the scene makes releases for the scene and not for p2p, because p2p doesn't contribute to the scene.

how many of you have given something back to the scene?

in their eyes p2p sites are not only leechers but people who compromise their high security standards.

that's why they don't like it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    like polarbear said scene has been around for a long time but i don't know what they expect really bt is the main line for their realesess theses days if you take irc out of the picture... if they don't want bt sites to get their shit then don't distribute it period keep it on your dumps and ftps and thats it because one way or another it's going to get out

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Im probably wrong here, and it wont be the first time, or the last but here goes.

If these were the "true Scene" that done this, and other things in the past, after reading up on things, i think i know why.

In the past, The Scene would have the releases exclusively for hours after pre, couriers etc could get points/credits for spreading it around, and it would be ages till the likes of Kazaa etc even got a sniff of them.

This also meant the couriers could get regognised and move up the ranks, more credits the better and quicker the rose up.

Now though, a release gets pre`d, 2 minutes later its on 0 day trackers, its cutting out most of the scene, and couriers dont get a look in.

Its become a race for Torrent sites to get them and uploaders to get their name in lights on that tracker, rather than underground and The Noobs (us lot) getting them hours after "the proper Scene"

Like i say, i could be talking bollocks here, and probably am, but after reading a bit about it, this is my view on things (that and the packs anyway)

Regarding the Packs, and im probably not going to make and frinds in the bittorrent community by saying this, i have already touched on it in previous posts/threads though.

Once its uploaded and snatched, they are not the uploaders or the Trackers anymore, its the leechers to do with as they please. and i cant for the life of me understand how anyone can complain or make a rule stating otherwise.

thats my 2 cents anyway.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast